Fwd: America's Radioactive Secret

JBL

Aug 23, 2021, 8:57:54 AM8/23/21
to North Central PA Forum

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bob Donnan <donnanl...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 22, 2021

My blog yesterday focuses on Justin Nobel, science reporter for ROLLING STONE, and his recent presentation during a Delaware Riverkeeper webinar. Justin does an excellent job reminding us how 'stuck on stupid' and crucial this issue really is, even for those who don't live close to a well pad.

I've also included some key links to articles (Public Herald, Amy Mall, Melissa Troutman and more) on this same topic, including the 2011 story by Ian Urbina of The New York Times, which originally gave me a head slap on a couple levels, 1) This river dumping was happening in our tapwater source, and 2) Two of the wells showing super-high levels of radiation are in our premiere county park with a fishing lake, where slush pits were DEP-permitted to be solidified and buried -- still there to this day as far as I know!

YouTube video (2:45) of my Feb 2, 2012 comments to our county commissionershttps://youtu.be/PxzG9FZxEns
  (Attachment that I asked them to make part of the public record, probably got the 'circular file' instead)

My Feb 18, 2016 comments (YouTube 8:28) on Fish Kill in park's lake and buried fracking wastehttps://youtu.be/ye2H1u00RfE

+++++

CORRECTION: My source tells me she mis-identified the Carns Pad (liquid waste handling location) corrected caption on photo is re-attached

Carns-Pad_Route-18.jpg
CCCP_Commissioners_10-4-12.pdf