FW: p3 Supreme Court orders Arguments re Constitutional Issues

J Parana

Sep 25, 2021, 5:40:09 PM9/25/21
to north-centr...@googlegroups.com

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Richard Martin
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 3:42 PM
To: conser...@paforestcoalition.org
Subject: p3 Supreme Court orders Arguments re Constitutional Issues

    Supreme Court orders Arguments re Constitutional Issues

The case centers on how the Environmental Rights Amendment of our Constitution (Article1, Section27 – “our right to clean air & water”) does not allow leasing of Commonwealth lands for commercial purposes.

Our State Supreme Court’s final ruling will be the single most important decision ever made in protecting our State Forests, public resources and our right to clean air and water.

John Childe, counsel for PEDF (Pennsylvania Environmental Defense Foundation) will present these four points before the Supreme Court (SSC):

1.     Using money from State Forest oil and gas leases for DCNR general operations is unconstitutional under Article I Section 27.

2.     The Governor violated Article I Section 25 of our Constitution by appropriating oil and gas lease revenue from DCNR.

3.     The Commonwealth cannot appropriate the revenue from State Forest oil and gas leases for other agencies or initiatives.

4.     All revenue from the State Forest oil and gas leases must be used by DCNR to sustain our State Forests as a natural ecosystem.

We will let you know the date of John’s appearance before the SSC.

Please continue to support their case.

Dick Martin

www.PaForestCoalition.org

Mission: Good Stewardship of our Public Lands

Support PEDF, the grassroots organization that won the landmark State Supreme Court decision which guarantees our Constitutional right to Clean Air & Water.

The PFC will now match the next $ 8,000 given to PEDF.

Donate by check or PayPal

You'll never miss $10 /month !

https://www.pedf.org/donate-for-litigation.html

Pennsylvania Environmental Defense Foundation

To unsubscribe, simply hit 'reply', making sure to

retain the subject line with the letter/number code.

No robots here, just actual humans who care.