Fwd: It's been an honor to serve as FracTracker's Executive Director

alu...@aol.com

Oct 22, 2021, 5:18:58 PM10/22/21
to susquehann...@googlegroups.com, north-centr...@googlegroups.com, finan...@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Brook Lenker <in...@fractracker.org>
To: alu...@aol.com
Sent: Fri, Oct 22, 2021 5:08 pm
Subject: It's been an honor to serve as FracTracker's Executive Director

With immense gratitude to the staff and board, funders, donors, and partners past and present, I depart with with the hope that our paths continue to intersect in pursuit of sustainability and environmental justice.
Brook Lenker

Dear Friends,

By 2011, the drilling boom escalated in Pennsylvania and other states. I witnessed the ravages of fracking on state forestlands and the influence of industry lobbyists in the halls of government.  The devastation demanded further exposure. The truth needed telling.  That December, I changed jobs and took the lead at FracTracker.

In the nearly 10 years since, we have ceaselessly explored the sickening realities of the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries – by way of maps, imagery, data, and analyses. As we collaborated with hundreds of partners to challenge fossil fuel projects, our tools and techniques evolved. Today, we serve a strong and diverse movement resisting climate destruction and demanding a clean and equitable energy future.  The victories mount. The industry reels. I am ever proud of FracTracker’s contributions to that success.

My humble colleagues are deft at what they do, as are our allies, from frontline groups to national NGOs. Thanks to them, I maintain hope for the eventual healing of the planet.

Soon I will be leaving FracTracker, forever transformed by relationships forged, stories heard, and insights gained. From North Dakota to South America, the memorable experiences, whether sobering or enriching, are too voluminous to share, but they are now a part of me.

A new opportunity has arisen, a new path to follow. Change will do me good. FracTracker will move forward with a bold leader and the fresh ideas that change affords. The organization’s positive impacts will only multiply. Energy matters matter. I shall remain engaged, and encourage others to do the same.

With immense gratitude to the staff and board, funders, donors, and partners past and present, I depart with one additional hope —that our paths continue to intersect in pursuit of sustainability and environmental justice.

Most sincerely,
Brook Lenker
FracTracker Alliance
704 Lisburn Rd