Fwd: QUICK ACTION - PLEASE HELP.............need public comment to EPA /injection well Elk County PA........EPA will cancel unless public comment shows SIGNIFICANT interest

JBL

May 22, 2024, 8:34:29 PMMay 22
to North Central PA Forum

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Karen <karen....@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 22, 2024, 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: QUICK ACTION - PLEASE HELP.............need public comment to

They don't require it.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2024, at 8:18 PM, ene...@epix.net wrote:

On Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 07:51:07 PM EDT, Karen <karen....@gmail.com> wrote:

They didn't specify and there's no reason why it has to be.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2024, at 7:32 PM, alu...@aol.com wrote:

Karen...................can anyone ask for a public hearing or most they live in Elk County??

On Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 07:19:48 PM EDT, Sandra Hartzell <hartzel...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't live near Elk County so I am not sure if a letter from me would help. But, if someone could forward me a letter, I'm happy to tweak it and send it out.
Sandy Hartzell (Adams County)

On Wed, 22 May 2024 at 16:35, Karen Elias <eliask...@gmail.com> wrote:
Done!

KE

On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 4:31 PM Karen Feridun <karen....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I need a hand with something. The EPA has tentatively scheduled a public hearing for an injection well renewal in Elk County. BUT they will cancel the hearing "unless a significant degree of public interest is evidenced by June 17, 2024."
This is a stupid regulator trick. Significant is undefined. So I'm asking your help in submitting a quick hearing request to the EPA so that there is no question that there is significant interest.
You can use the sample below or write your own and email it to R3_UIC_...@epa.gov.
Ryan Hancharick
Source Water & UIC Section
U.S. EPA Region 3
4 Penn Center
1600 JFK Blvd,
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Re: Permit number PAS2D025BELK
Please go forward with the public hearing on the permit renewal for Seneca Resources' injection well in Elk County.

--
Sandy Hartzell

--
You