FW: p3 Supreme Court Accepts the DCNR Management Plan Case by PEDF

J Parana

Oct 24, 2021, 11:57:53 PM10/24/21
to north-centr...@googlegroups.com

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Richard Martin
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:06 PM
To: conser...@paforestcoalition.org
Subject: p3 Supreme Court Accepts the DCNR Management Plan Case by PEDF

      Supreme Court Accepts the DCNR Management Plan Case by PEDF

PEDF (the PA Environmental Defense Foundation) contends that DCNR’s “State Forest Resource Management Plan” must be based on Ecosystem Management, not the old Payne v. Kassab system of “balancing” multiple uses.

Think of our State Forests as a 2.2 million acre water and air purification system. DCNR must use Ecosystem Management as the basis for their management, not “balancing” multiple uses such as gas drilling on our State Forest lands.   The Supreme Court has accepted  PEDF’s  case and has ordered Counsel John Childe to file a brief by November 17, 2021.

That’s one more important step in our long battle to protect our State Forests, and there are three other cases from little grassroots PEDF winding through the courts. PEDF is the most cost-efficient non-profit in Pennsylvania, but your support is needed to continue these battles.

Dick Martin

www.PaForestCoalition.org

Mission: Good Stewardship of our Public Lands

Support PEDF, the grassroots organization that won the landmark State Supreme Court decision which guarantees our Constitutional right to Clean Air & Water.

The PFC will now match the next $ 8,000 given to PEDF.

Donate by check or PayPal

You'll never miss $10 /month !

https://www.pedf.org/donate-for-litigation.html

Pennsylvania Environmental Defense Foundation

To unsubscribe, simply hit 'reply', making sure to

retain the subject line with the letter/number code.

No robots here, just actual humans who care.