Interested in Discussing the Links amongst Energy Development, Groundwater Quality and Public Health?

JBL

Jul 7, 2022, 12:58:22 PM7/7/22
to North Central PA Forum

Clean Air Council

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser

Dear Ronald,

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-s4Gm9fcHjV3t0z1NbP5Kc7QZIOSn3GavwCMzFO-bwldq55CfInterested in discussing the links amongst energy development, groundwater quality and public health? Participate in upcoming focus groups organized by Penn State researchers!

Overview: A Penn State research team is currently researching these topics in Beaver, Washington and Greene Counties. We are looking to gather community insights at upcoming focus groups, which will consist of 12-15 community members.

Process: The focus groups will last approximately 90-minutes. We will record and transcribe the focus groups. The recordings and transcriptions will only be shared with our research team. Your participation is voluntary and you can stop participating at any time. All responses will also be confidential.

When and where:

County

Date

Time

Location

Washington

July 14

6:30-8pm

Washington Park, Stone Pavilion

Greene

July 15

6:30-8pm

Greene County Fair Grounds, Downstairs Building

Why participate? Your input will inform a geoscientific analysis of a water sampling database collected in the region (7,000 samples). Additionally, the findings will be shared with representatives from various government agencies, including the US Environmental Protection Agency, the PA Environmental Protection Agency and the PA Department of Health all while keeping your personal data confidential. https://forms.office.com/r/Ti9zHXJ7nC

As a thank you: light refreshments will be served.

Registration: To register, please fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/r/Ti9zHXJ7nC.

Or, get in touch with Dr. Jennifer Baka, the Principal Investigator or Owen Harrington, a Penn State Graduate Student in Geography who will be helping to conduct the focus groups.

Dr. Baka: jeb...@psu.edu, 814-865-9656

Mr. Harrington: ofh...@psu.edu

Funding sources: The study is funded by the Health Effects Institute—Energy, the National Science Foundation, the Institutes of Energy and Environment and Earth and Environmental Systems Institute at Penn State.

For more information: Please see the project website: https://www.heienergy.org/research/water-quality/baka

Sincerely,

Joseph Otis Minott, Esq.
Executive Director and Chief Counsel