Scaling a clip from the center

JC

Jul 30, 2009, 2:50:25 PM7/30/09
to Norrkross Movie
I want to scale a clip up to full size from 0 and then back to 0 when
it's over, but I want to scale it from the center of another clip. The
default seems to be that the origin is in the lower left corner
(that's where 0, 0 is). Can the origin point be set to the center of
the clip (or any other point)? Or is there an easier way to make this
work?

thanks,
Jack

Martin Wennerberg

Jul 31, 2009, 2:15:47 AM7/31/09
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
There isn't a way to automatically scale around the center, so to
accomplish this you need to animate the position of the clip at the
same time as the scale. Do this by adding timed values for the
"Position in track" attribute if you're scaling a single clip. If
you're scaling the whole track it's called "Track origin". When the
scale is zero you'd put the position at the center.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Martin

JC

Jul 31, 2009, 8:43:05 AM7/31/09
to Norrkross Movie