rookie question: tilt shift video effect - how to with video canvas

scaldewi

May 27, 2011, 1:47:35 AM5/27/11
to Norrkross Movie
you know that effect of a natural scene video like people and cars
moving around in a city scene. with the tilt-shift video effect the
people look like toys in little touy cars and so on.

as i am not experienced in video editing i wonder if you could kindly
give some hints on how to achieve the video tilt shift effect with
videocanvas video editing software.

Martin Wennerberg

May 27, 2011, 6:46:25 AM5/27/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
I think this topic would be well suitable for a long article with step by step instructions. I will write one if I find the time. It's a really cool technique.

The short answer is to blur parts of the image to simulate a short depth of focus. You can do that in VideoCanvas by blending the filter with the clip, as described in the online help document called "Applying effects to parts of a graphic". You can even do it with a moving camera as you can animate the mask position and scale.

Martin