videocanvas crashes when i open!

Daniel

Aug 14, 2011, 10:26:01 PM8/14/11
to Norrkross Movie
hello

i just purchased VideoCanvas on the App Store. It opens for a second
and then crashes. i am running a MacBook with OSX Lion. Is there
anything i can do?

thanks

daniel

Martin Wennerberg

Aug 15, 2011, 4:28:27 AM8/15/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
I've had a few reports of this crash and am working on it. It seems to be related to the media browser, but I don' know exactly what the error is yet.

The previous version didn't seem to have this problem so you can download it from http://www.norrkross.com/software/movie/VideoCanvas_2.1.1.zip and run it until this is fixed, which hopefully within days. Unfortunately that version has some other issues under Lion.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and will do my best to fix this quickly.

Martin

Martin Wennerberg

Aug 15, 2011, 10:38:40 AM8/15/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

I just published a beta test version of VideoCanvas version 2.2. It would be great if you could test it and let me know if it fixes the problem for you.

It's at http://www.norrkross.com/software/movie/VideoCanvas_2.2.b1.zip

Thank you,
Martin

Daniel Park

Aug 15, 2011, 2:23:08 PM8/15/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
Martin,
I installed and it looks like it works! i did a quick test and i'll let you know of any changes! thanks!

daniel

Vesa M

Aug 18, 2011, 7:42:49 AM8/18/11
to Norrkross Movie
I actually have the same problem and the beta did not solve this.

Running on 10.7.1 caused first quite a hang up for video canvas while
it searched for catalogs for media browser.

After that it does not freeze anymore, but adding a media to the
timeline results in crash (after asking if frame rate of the project
should be changed - crashes on either option and small or large
video).. Would the crash reports be of any use?

On Aug 15, 9:23 pm, Daniel Park <danielparkmu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin,
> I installed and it looks like it works! i did a quick test and i'll let you
> know of any changes! thanks!
>
> daniel
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Martin Wennerberg <mar...@norrkross.com>wrote:
>

> > Daniel,
>
> > I just published a beta test version of VideoCanvas version 2.2. It would
> > be great if you could test it and let me know if it fixes the problem for
> > you.
>
> > It's athttp://www.norrkross.com/software/movie/VideoCanvas_2.2.b1.zip

Martin Wennerberg

Aug 18, 2011, 8:00:31 AM8/18/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please send me the crash reports.

Thank you,
Martin

mar...@norrkross.com

Martin Wennerberg

Aug 19, 2011, 2:51:34 AM8/19/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
It seems that there is a problem with a 3rd party QuickTime plugin called 3ivx. Remove 3ivxVideoCodec.component from /Library/QuickTime or from Library/QuickTime in your home folder and try again.

Martin

Joseph Girardot

Aug 22, 2011, 7:11:45 PM8/22/11
to norrkro...@googlegroups.com
Martin:

You were spot on with this. Solved the problem immediately!

Thanks!

Joe Girardot