[MongoIgnoreUnlessSelected] Attribute

reach4thelasers

Sep 13, 2011, 9:15:43 PM9/13/11
to NoRM mongodb
A couple of my Collections have pretty large sub documents inside
them. In order to improve performance I perform a Projection to get
the properties I need, ignoring these large sub-documents. The rest
of the properties tend to be simple value types with very little fetch
overhead.

It would be really cool if there was a [MongoIngoreUnlessSelected]
Attribute that I could put on these large sub documents which would
cause them not to be fetched. This would mean I could avoid using
projections 90% of the time (as I am now) - only the 10% of the time
when I need the info from these large sub documents.

Is this possible?