Nordic Ruby is back on!

Carl-Johan Kihlbom

Oct 14, 2009, 3:13:27 AM10/14/09
to Nordic Ruby
Hi everyone, thanks for sticking around on the mailing list. It's been
quiet for almost a year, but I've got some good news. Nordic Ruby is
back on.

We are still looking at a few different venues, but that should be
finalized by next week. Here's one of the top candidates: http://www.hotel11.se.

We haven't set a firm date yet either (depends on the venue), but it
will be in the second half of May next year.

I was at the FutureRuby conference in Toronto this year, and that was
a fantastic event. I especially liked the parties they had every
evening. Nordic Ruby will be inspired by this :)

Anyway, I hope you are all still excited about this idea, and I look
forward to discussing it more with everyone during the next months,
and then hopefully seeing you here in Gothenburg next spring!

Oh, and please invite anyone you think would be interested in the
conference to this list, or tell them to follow http://twitter.com/nordicruby
for updates.

Cheers,

CJ

Magnus Holm

Oct 14, 2009, 7:26:59 AM10/14/09
to Nordic Ruby
Wo-hoo! Hopefully this is a conference I can go to.

Don't forget that we Norwegians are pretty busy at May 17th,
though :-)
> conference to this list, or tell them to followhttp://twitter.com/nordicruby
> for updates.
>
> Cheers,
>
> CJ

Carl-Johan Kihlbom

Oct 14, 2009, 8:06:05 AM10/14/09
to Nordic Ruby
On Oct 14, 1:26 pm, Magnus Holm <judo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wo-hoo! Hopefully this is a conference I can go to.
>
> Don't forget that we Norwegians are pretty busy at May 17th,
> though :-)

That is a very good point, and something I hadn't considered. Thanks
for reminding me!

Ole Christian Rynning

Oct 16, 2009, 10:17:12 AM10/16/09
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Hi CJ!

I've BCC:d all people I've mentioned

As for sponsors:
* I'm (pretty) sure we (BEKK) will sponsor the event! Talk to Aslak
Hellesøy and/or Thor Marius Henrichsen

Other (Norwegian) probables:
* Steria (Johannes Brodwall)
* Shortcut (Marius M. Mathiesen)
* Finn.no (Jari Bakken might know whom to contact)

I'd prefer a mainly Norwegian/Swedish/Danish speakers conference to
build on our communities, (with a minority of surrogate scandos like
Dr. Nic ;))

Hack/code sessions sounds awesome!

Have you considered arranging workshops (for instance the day before)?

Ole Christian

MRoderick

Oct 14, 2009, 8:37:51 AM10/14/09
to Nordic Ruby
Well, it's all a matter of priorities ;-)

/Morgan

Peter Hellberg

Oct 14, 2009, 7:49:42 AM10/14/09
to Nordic Ruby
This sounds great!

I really hope that I’m able to go to this conference on the front side
of Sweden.

@CJ: Are you going to Stockholm any time soon?

/P
> conference to this list, or tell them to followhttp://twitter.com/nordicruby
> for updates.
>
> Cheers,
>
> CJ

Jarkko Laine

Oct 17, 2009, 2:19:32 PM10/17/09
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
On 16.10.2009, at 17.17, Ole Christian Rynning wrote:
> I'd prefer a mainly Norwegian/Swedish/Danish speakers conference

A-hem...

//jarkko

--
Jarkko Laine
http://jlaine.net

Check out my latest book, Unobtrusive Prototype, fresh off the
Peepcode oven:
http://peepcode.com/products/unobtrusive-prototype-js

Dr Nic Williams

Oct 17, 2009, 4:29:31 PM10/17/09
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Fins are Russian, right? ;)

Cheers
Nic

Mocra - http://mocra.com
Blog - http://drnicwilliams.com

Jarkko Laine

Oct 17, 2009, 5:06:50 PM10/17/09
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
On 17.10.2009, at 23.29, Dr Nic Williams wrote:
> Fins are Russian, right? ;)

Only 'cause that greedy Swedish king sold us for a can of smelly
herring and a bottle of ol' Stoli...

Ole Christian Rynning

Oct 18, 2009, 6:28:45 AM10/18/09
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Hehe :)

At least us norwegians fought for you back then. Sorry for forgetting :)

/oc (1/4th suomi)

jgyllen

Oct 20, 2009, 5:13:35 AM10/20/09
to Nordic Ruby
This is a great initiative! I would love to go.

Cheers,
Jacob