Date suggestion: February 16-17

Carl-Johan Kihlbom

Sep 17, 2008, 8:38:24 AM9/17/08
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
How does the dates February 16-17 2009 sound to you guys? That's one
of the few dates the venue I'm looking at is available. No weekends
unfortunately.

/ CJ

Marius Mårnes Mathiesen

Sep 17, 2008, 8:58:26 AM9/17/08
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Works fine for me!

--
Marius Mårnes Mathiesen
Rubyist, Shortcut AS

http://shortcut.no

David Vrensk

Sep 17, 2008, 9:26:18 AM9/17/08
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Carl-Johan Kihlbom <kih...@gmail.com> wrote:

The date works for me, but I see that we're looking at Monday-Tuesday now.  I think the reasoning earlier stands: Friday-Saturday is the best way to ensure that both pros and hobbyists/amateurs will be able to show up.  The fact that the venue is not available on a weekend is not much of an argument when you try to get time off from work.

But that is all hypothesising anyways, of course, and perhaps we should wait and see if there is anyone who says that they can't make it.  I'm in.

/David

chrisco

Sep 20, 2008, 6:00:17 PM9/20/08
to Nordic Ruby
Just wondering how this maps to other events that the same target
market (conference participants, stakeholders, etc.) might be
considering. Ideally, I guess, it should not conflict. Also, is it
going to be for Nordic-living people only or attempt to draw from
larger demo. If larger demo, wondering if "February in Nordic" could
be a little "cold and dark" sounding to some. Just playing devil's
advocate. You've probably thought of all this :)