Nordic speakers wanted

Carl-Johan Kihlbom

Feb 3, 2010, 11:02:17 AM2/3/10
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Our call for proposals is now open at http://nordicruby.org. We have already received several great proposals, but unfortunately not a single one is from a Nordic person. We already have Aslak confirmed as a speaker, but we need more! It would be pretty sad if we only had one Nordic speaker at Nordic Ruby :)

So please, create an account at http://nordicruby.org and submit a proposal.

Thanks,

CJ

grimen

Feb 3, 2010, 11:09:23 AM2/3/10
to Nordic Ruby
You'll receive a proposal from a German-Swedish combo soon I believe -
almost Nordic. ;) Btw, when was the deadline? I didn't see any.

grimen

On Feb 3, 5:02 pm, Carl-Johan Kihlbom <kihl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our call for proposals is now open athttp://nordicruby.org. We have already received several great proposals, but unfortunately not a single one is from a Nordic person. We already have Aslak confirmed as a speaker, but we need more! It would be pretty sad if we only had one Nordic speaker at Nordic Ruby :)
>
> So please, create an account athttp://nordicruby.organd submit a proposal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> CJ

Harry Vangberg

Feb 3, 2010, 11:11:57 AM2/3/10
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
I've forwarded this to the Danish user groups.

> --

Harry Vangberg <ha...@vangberg.name> http://harry.vangberg.name

Carl-Johan Kihlbom

Feb 3, 2010, 6:49:17 PM2/3/10
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Just saw it, thanks!

We haven't set a deadline yet, but it will probably be around mid-March.

Dr Nic Williams

Feb 3, 2010, 7:04:43 PM2/3/10
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Are we allowed to make jokes about the last time Germans came to Sweden in the 1940s? Or is that bad form. Probably.

:) Nic

> Thanks,
>
> CJ

Dr Nic Williams
Mocra - Premier Ruby on Rails Consultants
w - http://mocra.com
twitter - @drnic
skype - nicwilliams
e - dr...@mocra.com
p - +61 412 002 126 or +61 7 3102 3237

Harry Vangberg

Feb 3, 2010, 7:08:33 PM2/3/10
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
Considering that they didn't… But you knew that.

grimen

Feb 3, 2010, 9:14:07 PM2/3/10
to Nordic Ruby
Basil! =) Nic you need a Pragmatic Historians history book along with
that Pragmatic Programmers Ruby book in your shelf....if you know what
I mean. ;D

grimen

On Feb 4, 1:04 am, Dr Nic Williams <dr...@mocra.com> wrote:
> Are we allowed to make jokes about the last time Germans came to Sweden in
> the 1940s? Or is that bad form. Probably.
>
> :) Nic
>

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM, grimen <gri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You'll receive a proposal from a German-Swedish combo soon I believe -
> > almost Nordic. ;) Btw, when was the deadline? I didn't see any.
>
> > grimen
>
> > On Feb 3, 5:02 pm, Carl-Johan Kihlbom <kihl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Our call for proposals is now open athttp://nordicruby.org. We have
> > already received several great proposals, but unfortunately not a single one
> > is from a Nordic person. We already have Aslak confirmed as a speaker, but
> > we need more! It would be pretty sad if we only had one Nordic speaker at
> > Nordic Ruby :)
>

> > > So please, create an account athttp://nordicruby.organdsubmit a

> > proposal.
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > CJ
>
> > --

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/nordicruby?hl=en.
>
> --
> Dr Nic Williams
> Mocra - Premier Ruby on Rails Consultants

> w -http://mocra.com

aslak hellesoy

Feb 4, 2010, 1:54:34 AM2/4/10
to nordicruby
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Carl-Johan Kihlbom <kih...@gmail.com> wrote:
Our call for proposals is now open at http://nordicruby.org. We have already received several great proposals, but unfortunately not a single one is from a Nordic person. We already have Aslak confirmed as a speaker, but we need more! It would be pretty sad if we only had one Nordic speaker at Nordic Ruby :)

So please, create an account at http://nordicruby.org and submit a proposal.

CJ - have you reached out to irb.no? It's a relatively big community, and if you post a message there I'm sure several proposals would come in.

Aslak

Thanks,

CJ

Marius Mårnes Mathiesen

Feb 4, 2010, 2:25:31 AM2/4/10
to nordi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:54 AM, aslak hellesoy <aslak.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
CJ - have you reached out to irb.no? It's a relatively big community, and if you post a message there I'm sure several proposals would come in.

I think you may need a Norwegian cell phone to register on irb.no - so I put out word: http://irb.no/-/bulletin/show/542437_vil-du-presentere-paa-nordic-ruby

- Marius

Carl-Johan Kihlbom

Feb 4, 2010, 3:00:14 AM2/4/10