VB: [Nndv] Fwd: Workshop by Andrea Stultiens / June, 26-30, St.Petersburg, Russia

Árni Sverrisson

May 6, 2013, 8:00:11 AM5/6/13
to nordic-vis...@googlegroups.com

Apologies for cross-posting

/Arni

Från: nndv-b...@hiit.fi [mailto:nndv-b...@hiit.fi] För A.T. Lehmuskallio
Skickat: den 4 maj 2013 09:25
Till: Nn...@hiit.fi
Ämne: [Nndv] Fwd: Workshop by Andrea Stultiens / June, 26-30, St.Petersburg, Russia

FYI,

best, Asko.

-------- Original Message --------

Workshop by Andrea Stultiens / June, 26-30, St.Petersburg, Russia

Sat, 4 May 2013 13:14:05 +0400

Daria Tuminas <darj...@gmail.com>

asko.leh...@hiit.fi

Newsletter of FotoDepartament: foundation, gallery, bookshop

Foundation FotoDepartament is glad to announce summer 2013 events of the project Dutch Photography Experience.

A series of events and exhibitions presenting contemporary Dutch photography in Russia was launched in October, 2012 with workshops and presentations by artists Martine Stig and Luuk Wilmering, a lecture and portfolio-review by Carolin von Courten (PhD researcher), and a lecture by curator and researcher Evgenia Sveshinsky.

Coming summer programme of 'Dutch Photography Experience' will include

workshop and lecture by Dutch photographer

26 - 30 June / the workshop by Andrea Stultiens / Expanding the view

The deadline for international applications is the 25th of May, 2013

Expanding the view

The workshop of photographer Andrea Stultiens

26 – 30 June`2013

Saint-Petersburg, Russia / FotoDepartament / 40, Fontanka river emb.

Participation fee: 200 Euro

About the workshop:
Photographs are fluid in meaning. Much of what the image says depends on context. In this workshop we will start from that – and appropriate photographs which participants bring to the workshop. We will use them to develop narratives that reflect on the nature and history of photography while telling contemporary stories in relation to the past shown by the images.

If you are interested in taking part in this workshop you can prepare by looking around for a collection of photographic images to work from. This can be a shoebox in your grand parents house, a collection bought on a flea market, an album that raises questions. It could even be a set of digital images you found online, as long as it is somehow available to you. This collection will be your starting point. We will discuss its possibilities and you will think of ways to reproduce the photographs (if they are part of the physical world), print, edit and contextualize them in such a way that the story told is yours.

This contextualizing can be done in different ways. Only by the edit, by making crops, collages, adding other images that you found elsewhere or made. The result of the workshop is a sequenced set of images in a slideshow or book dummy format.

The workshop lasts for five days, approximately from 10.00 till 18.00 including the lunch time and coffee breaks.

Language of the workshop: English with translation into Russian.

About photographer:
Andrea Stultiens / www.andreastultiens.nl (Roermond, NL, 1974) studied photography at Utrecht School of the Arts (BFA) and Post St. Joost Breda (MFA). She received and MA from the Masters Photographic Studies of Leiden University/Royal Academy of Art and is currently starting up an artistic research PhD as part of Leiden University’s PhDArts program. Not completely comfortable being called a photographer or artist, she rather mentions doing things with photographs. She collects and makes them, thinks about their possible uses in understanding the way we present ourselves and try to represent others, and writes about them. Stultiens published several photobooks dealing with archival images in various ways and exhibits her work internationally.

More information about workshop's program, artist and participation:
http://fotodepartament.ru/?p=13245&lang=en

Mask. 2009

The Kaddu Wasswa Archive. 2008-ongoing

Call for application is open! To submit your registration form for the workshop, please, complete it here: http://fotodepartament.ru/?page_id=1049

We will contact you as soon as we recieve your submission.

The deadline for international applications is the 25th of May, 2013.
Feel free to ask us any questions about the workshop and other events of the program.  Tel.: +7-901-301-7994 / e-mail: sch...@fotodepartament.ru

Dutch Photography Experience is initiated by St. Petersburg-based foundation FotoDepartament and produced in collaboration with Creative space Tkachi, the Nederlands Fotomuseum, Image Matter and ProMu with the generous support of Mondriaan fund, Wilhelmina Janssen fund, the Netherlands Consulate-General, St. Petersburg and the Netherlands Institute, St. Petersburg.

Project curators: Evgenia Sveshinsky, Daria Tuminas

Copyright © 2013 Фонд / галерея "ФотоДепартамент", All rights reserved.
You are receiving Newslatter from FotoDepartament Foundation / www.fotodepartament.ru/en

Our mailing address is:

Фонд / галерея "ФотоДепартамент"

наб. Фонтанки, 40, 1 этаж

Санкт-Петербург, Россия 191025

Russia

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

ATT00001.txt