Please share this announcement with your sanghas!
MEMORIAL CEREMONY FOR ZEN MASTER THICH NHAT HANH
In order to show our deep gratitude to Su Ong Nhat Hanh who had great love
and grand merit in many years to teach meditation and translate the grand sutras, the Compassion Meditation Center, working with the Vietnamese and American Sanghas in our area, would like to offer ceremonies to remember Su Ong at the Compassion Meditation Center, 17327 Meekland Avenue, Hayward, CA 94541:
- Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 10:00 am for English-speaking community.
- Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 11:00 am,
(right after the weekly online Google Meet program at 9:30 am of “Xa Mặt Nhưng Chẳng Cách Lòng” – “Our hearts are together even though we are apart”)
Respectfully following the teaching in the Will of Su Ong, we would like to ask sanghas to follow the three vows below:
- Diligently practice mindful living in daily life to manifest peaceful and awakening life.
- Earnestly nourish brotherhood and sisterhood in monasteries and sanghas to show your gratitude in following the Plum Village practice and tradition.
- Last but not least, sincerely contribute financially to TNH foundation (with memo: Monasteries to support the three monasteries that Su Ong established in the United States; or memo: Memorial Donation to support the activities of Su Ong’s memorial services)
In addition, we will have a bilingual (Vietnamese and English) ceremony on Thursday night, January 27, 2022 at 7:00 pm “Lighting the Candle Prayer Night”
All ceremonies will be livestreamed via FaceBook of the Compassion Meditation Center (Pho Tu).
When you come to the Compassion Meditation Center, please happily be mindful to protect each other‘s health by following the guidelines of the Health Department on vaccination, wearing masks and keeping distancing.
Please see the attached PDF for the full invitation from Thay Tu Luc.