Game 123: Smash & Grap - Post Game Show - Open to all

1 view

Kamil Pawlowski

Jan 18, 2024, 1:02:43 AMJan 18
to NORCAL CBT

Mission 8: Smash & Grab

Date: May 3063

Location: Menkalinan FWL (Class C)

Menkalinan is an unremarkable world in the FWL.  Its primary export is lumber.   It was recently restored to the FWL as part of operation Guerrero.    The planet has its local militia but no name units, and no battlemech forces are stationed here.   Given the present state of the Chaos March, the Planetary Governor has hired you to shoot some trouble for him.

Had planetary command ordered you to stay in Shoufeng to keep an eye on prisoners and salvage, you would have bagged the Pirate Wolverine too.  Instead, like many of your enemies it withdraws into thick jungle to lick its wounds.  You're sure you haven't heard the last of it.  The dropship that delivered the pirates takes off when the rest of the pirates surender.

The planetary governor is estacit with your performance.   Ironically he's not as happy about the two working manticores, and bevy of other units you captured for him as he is about the fact that so many of the pirates won't have to be put on trial.  Apparently guaranteeing a fair trial to a pirate is an expensive undertaking.  The governor is so happy he's willing to concede some salvage, though somebody points out that there is a local superstition about hosing out mech cockpits and bad luck - it's a win win.

SAFE slinks away quietly, happy to have gotten away with one.

There are plenty of heros to go around on this one, and you hope that luck never swings back around the way it came down on these pirates.

Game Effects:

Payout is 176 per player.

There is salvage

Turn Order:

Josh

Kamil

Spreadsheet:

124

First time using the new tooling, please check for mistakes or weirdness.

Other:

This game was extraordinarily bloody and I want to thank Allen for being a good sport about all the head hits his units took:

  • Phoenix Hawk - Turn 2 IS-LPL to the head (8 pts of armor vs 9 pt wpn) - head blown off
  • Hunchback - 2 hits to the head, 2nd an IS-ERPPC - head destroyed
  • Panther - knocked out cold by head hit, shredded by subsequent fire
  • Panther - Gaussball to the mellon (turn 2, maybe 3?)
  • Grasshopper - clan LPL to the head, 2 crits - Sensors, Cockpit
There is simply no amount of tactical brilliance that can overcome this kind of dice rolling.

Images:

Allen Antoine

Jan 18, 2024, 1:31:55 AMJan 18
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Since my Charger pilot will be out for a while, I am electing to start some minor modifications while she recovers.  The modification is fairly straightforward except for one detail--I'd like to replace the standard barrel fist on the left arm with a hand actuator so that this mech can wield clubs (as I understand that requires two hands normally).  I don't know how that affects the math (or even if it does).  See attached documents for all the details.

Start: 253WP, 36TD

Claim Salvage

N/A

Buy/Sell Ammunition

N/A

Repair & Modify Units

Repair Peregrine: ???
Repair and begin modification of Charger to CGR-CX10: -160WP, -18TD (See attached files)

Buy, Sell or Find Units

N/A

Manage Personnel

N/A

Manage Lances

N/A

Northern California Gamers Eat More Vegetables

CGR-CX10.pdf
CGR-CX10.xls

Kamil Pawlowski

Jan 18, 2024, 3:57:13 AMJan 18
to norca...@googlegroups.com
the cost for the peregrine is 27.  there was some odd bug in the spread sheet.

Allen Antoine

Apr 13, 2024, 1:36:50 AMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Hey Kam,

I think this might have gotten lost in the mix, so I'm resending to make sure it wasn't missed.

Allen

Since my Charger pilot will be out for a while, I am electing to start some minor modifications while she recovers.  The modification is fairly straightforward except for one detail--I'd like to replace the standard barrel fist on the left arm with a hand actuator so that this mech can wield clubs (as I understand that requires two hands normally).  I don't know how that affects the math (or even if it does).  See attached documents for all the details.

Start: 253WP, 36TD

Claim Salvage

N/A

Buy/Sell Ammunition

N/A

Repair & Modify Units

Repair Peregrine: -27WP, -3TD

Repair and begin modification of Charger to CGR-CX10: -160WP, -18TD (See attached files)

Buy, Sell or Find Units

N/A

Manage Personnel

N/A

Manage Lances

N/A

Grand Total: -187WP, -21TD

END: 66WP, 15TD

CGR-CX10.pdf
CGR-CX10.xls

Kamil Pawlowski

Apr 13, 2024, 1:58:52 AMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Kamil Pawlowski

Apr 13, 2024, 4:02:21 AMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com
Date: 3063 Location: Menkalinan [C]
Mech Peregrine Was DAMAGED Now OK
Repairs: RT-C_JJ
Failed : None
Repair Cost: 27 Initial: 253 Remaining 226

I show the charger as destroyed on the sheet.  It cannot be modified until it is repaired.
You are welcome to attempt the repair presently, and it will be available for the next game, if you want it (and the repair works)

Allen Antoine

Apr 13, 2024, 12:12:12 PMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com

I had thought you said it was okay to modify while it's being repaired, but if I need to repair it first that's okay.

I'll start repairs on the Charger.  The sheet says the cost is -132WP--are those extra WPs coming from the fact that it's extra damaged (3 Engine, 4 Gyro Hits)?  It's still a stock configuration so it should be -120WP to repair, right?

-10TD either way

Here's to hoping my techs get it right on the first try X(

Allen

Kamil Pawlowski

Apr 13, 2024, 12:23:29 PMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com
Crap, did I say that?

Sorry it’s been a while.  Let me take a look at your damage and your mods. Don’t overlap with the damage I’ll allow it.

Kamil

Allen Antoine

Apr 13, 2024, 12:34:34 PMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com

There's going to be overlap--half the weapon systems were either damaged or destroyed.

Allen

Kamil Pawlowski

Apr 13, 2024, 12:37:06 PMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com
Here's the damage to the charger:

LA-LAA,MPL CT-E,E,E,G,G,G,G RT-E,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,ArtemisIV,C3Slave RA-S,UAA,LAA,HA,MPL
As we can see the 2 mpls that are damaged are in the arms... so how about this:
I'll allow the modification, but what will happen is that at the end the MPLs will be in the torsos and damaged.

In which case (I did all the rolls last night, but deleted them when I noticed it was not repaired): you needed 8 rolls:
6 for tsm 2 for the mpls. the target number was 4, you failed 1, rerolling succeeded so your total build time will be 5 months.

The charger will remain destroyed.
The new damage string is:
LA-LAA LT-MPL CT-E,E,E,G,G,G,G RT-E,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,ArtemisIV,C3Slave,MPL RA-S,UAA,LAA,HA

Total cost is 40, time is 5 months, 8 TD per month

Check the sheet and the timeline please.

Kamil

Kamil Pawlowski

Apr 13, 2024, 12:37:31 PMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com
don't worry I got you. see my last mail, and how if that works

Allen Antoine

Apr 13, 2024, 12:50:22 PMApr 13
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Kam.  That all sounds great.  If I am able to execute repairs I'll probably do so during Game 124 post game show--depends on how much I have to spend on repairs for other things.

Allen