Game 125: Hinting Hard Post Game Show - Allen is on the clock

Kamil Pawlowski

May 29, 2024, 1:18:13 AMMay 29
to NORCAL CBT

Mission 10: Hinting Hard

Date: July 3063

Location: Menkalinan FWL (Class C)

Menkalinan is an unremarkable world in the FWL.  Its primary export is lumber.   It was recently restored to the FWL as part of operation Guerrero.    The planet has its local militia but no name units, and no battlemech forces are stationed here.   Given the present state of the Chaos March, the Planetary Governor has hired you to shoot some trouble for him.

The fighting was brutal, but in the end you managed to destroy enough blue meanies transport capability to keep them from reactivating the base.  They use their remaining transports to with draw from the area.  They go in hurry. The planetary governor is enthusiastic about your performance especially once the his technicians go over the memory core from the black knight you destroyed.  Several officials go missing over the next week.   Unfortunately not all is well, Olivia Clarke, whose Centurion went down adjacent to the facility can’t be found after the battle.   Government forces clearing the facility found indications that she is being held captive.   A satellite scan indicates that Mr Teal has moved Mean Ultramarine towards an area of broken terrain near a place called Zhuoxi.  It is a rough place, where the locals live in high walled compounds.  The governor suggests that it might be to both of your advantage for AA to rescue Olivia, and to drive the Blue Meanies off Menkalinan for good.

Game Effects:

Payout is 161 per player (Total Destruction of the Raven is compensated at destroy value)

Arms merchant now has a personnel section.

Turn Order:

Tom

Allen

Josh

Spreadsheet:

126

Images:

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792402566489477373

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792401279937110439

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792399653725688217

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792399217023221984

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792397466878570632

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792397103546925341

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792396699627135411

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792396083286716769

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792394350531653711

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792392570666107305

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792390462491529298

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792389447109242919

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792384295035879684

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792383849017770371

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792383257667109243

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792382700025975000

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792379842866061459

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792379109341118829

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792378819690844583

https://twitter.com/knightsandweek1/status/1792378247998742851

Allen Antoine

May 29, 2024, 1:22:38 AMMay 29
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Were we able to salvage my Clan Streak SRM 6 from the wreckage of my Raven?  It's still on my sheet?

Allen

Northern California Gamers Eat More Vegetables

Kamil Pawlowski

May 29, 2024, 1:24:57 AMMay 29
to norca...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't intending to, I must have forgotten it when you made your mods, so bank error in your favour.

Allen Antoine

May 29, 2024, 1:27:40 AMMay 29
to norca...@googlegroups.com

I'll take it.

I also noticed that I somehow gained about 1.67 tons of Narc ammo?

Allen

Kamil Pawlowski

May 29, 2024, 1:34:52 AMMay 29
to norca...@googlegroups.com
there was a mistake in sheet 125.

Narc ammo is 6 per ton not 12

So the amount you had (20) is the same as you had on sheet 125, but looks like there is more of it.

Allen Antoine

May 29, 2024, 11:55:04 PMMay 29
to norca...@googlegroups.com

It doesn't appear on the spreadsheet, but I think I have maybe 6 rounds of SRM6 Inferno missiles left over after the last mission.  I think I was down to 8 when we started.

I think I may be scraping against my ammo limit.  The sheet was throwing errors in the ammo calculation section, so I'm not 100% sure.  I'll sell 1-2 tons of Narc ammo if needed to stay legal.

START: 366WP, 36TD

Claim Salvage

N/A

Buy/Sell Ammunition

Purchase 1 ton LRM15 ammo: -6WP
Purchase 1 ton SRM6 Inferno ammo: -10WP

OPTIONAL Sell 1-2 tons Narc ammo: +2/+4WP

Sub-Total: -16WP

Repair & Modify Units

Repair and Reload Peregrine: -27WP, -3TD
Repair and Reload Centurion: -77WP, -10TD
Reload Trebuchet: -1WP, -1TD
Repair Charger: -88WP, -5TD
Continue Modification of Charger (month 3 of 4): -8TD
Repair and Reload Maxim: -38WP: -3TD

Sub-Total: -226WP, -30TD

Buy, Sell or Find Units

Purchase Jenner JR7-D from Arms Merchant and assign to Everett Thames: -88WP
Hire two platoons of Foot Machine Gun Infantry: -8WP

Sub-Total: -96WP

Manage Personnel

N/A

Manage Lances

N/A

Grand Total: -314WP, -30TD

END: 28WP, 6TD

On 5/28/2024 22:17, Kamil Pawlowski wrote:

Kamil Pawlowski

May 30, 2024, 12:47:14 PMMay 30
to norca...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to put your infernos back. I've moved them now. That will put you under for now, but over later, so I will sell the narc ammo for you as part of your turn.

Kamil Pawlowski

May 31, 2024, 1:07:10 AMMay 31
to norca...@googlegroups.com
buy/sell ammo - done

Date: 3063 Location: Menkalinan [C]
Mech Peregrine Was DAMAGED Now OK
Repairs: LA-UAA
Failed : None
Repair Cost: 27 Initial: 354 Remaining 327

Date: 3063 Location: Menkalinan [C]
Mech Centurion CN9-D3X02 Was DESTROYED Now CRIPPLED
Repairs: LA-S,UAA,LAA RA-LAA CT-G,G,E,ML
Failed : LA-S CT-G
Repair Cost: 26 Initial: 327 Remaining 301

Trebuchet - reloaded

Date: 3063 Location: Menkalinan [C]
Mech Charger Cx10 Was CRIPPLED Now DAMAGED
Repairs: LA-LAA LT-MPL CT-E,E,G RT-LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,LRM20,ARTEMISIV,C3SLAVE,MPL RA-S,UAA,LAA,HA
Failed : RT-MPL
Repair Cost: 44 Initial: 300 Remaining 256

You have no LRM10-Frag Ammo.  This unit can be fielded in this condition.
Repair Maxim: target number is 4.  3 moto hits:  7,7,4 - success
Remaining 217

buy and assign jenner
remaining 129

Hire Delta & Gamma MG Foot Infantry
remaining 121

Allen Antoine

May 31, 2024, 1:10:20 AMMay 31
to norca...@googlegroups.com

The Charger carries LRM20 frag munitions--not a big deal since I don't have any spares for that either, but could be important for the future.

This is also probably one of the rare times that having my technicians fail was a good thing.

Allen

Kamil Pawlowski

May 31, 2024, 1:16:01 AMMay 31
to norca...@googlegroups.com
I think you're out of those too

Allen Antoine

May 31, 2024, 1:17:00 AMMay 31
to norca...@googlegroups.com

I am--I use that munition so infrequently that it doesn't make sense to stockpile it.

Allen

Kamil Pawlowski

May 31, 2024, 1:32:20 AMMay 31
to norca...@googlegroups.com
can I assume you plan to mod the jenner?

Allen Antoine

May 31, 2024, 1:34:42 AMMay 31
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Not for a while at least; I'm too poor and want to keep as many pilots active as I can.  Losing the Raven really threw a wrench in all my plans :(

Allen Antoine

Jun 8, 2024, 1:39:05 AMJun 8
to norca...@googlegroups.com

Kam,

I think you forgot to update the status on my Maxim.  I didn't catch this until just now, for obvious reasons...

Allen

Kamil Pawlowski

Jun 8, 2024, 1:59:12 AMJun 8
to norca...@googlegroups.com
yeah I forgot to update the maxim.  I don't have automation for vehicles yet