Splited noorgtk.py

1 view

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 18, 2008, 10:03:35 AM4/18/08
to noor-dev
Hi all:

I've splitted noorgtk.py to a few modules in noor.gtkhelper package to
make it more manageable. Check out the repository.

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Apr 21, 2008, 4:40:57 AM4/21/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

please consider adding search and bookmarking support....

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 21, 2008, 8:53:26 AM4/21/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 21 2008 13:10 +0430, zabeeh khan wrote:
> please consider adding search and bookmarking support....

I've added search to the repository (bound to ``/``, ``C-f`` and
``C-s`` keys). It is quite basic, though:

* is case-sensitive
* dialects should match
* starts from the start of the buffer each time
* is only in forward direction
* stops at the first match

I might fix some of these tomorrow. Patches are welcome :-)

Regards,
Ali

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 23, 2008, 9:42:23 AM4/23/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 21 2008 17:23 +0430, Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:
> On Apr 21 2008 13:10 +0430, zabeeh khan wrote:
>> please consider adding search and bookmarking support....
>
> I've added search to the repository (bound to ``/``, ``C-f`` and
> ``C-s`` keys). It is quite basic, though:

I've improved some of these:

> * is case-sensitive

Search is case-insensitive, now.

> * starts from the start of the buffer each time

It starts from current aya.

> * is only in forward direction

I've added search backwards (from current aya); use ``C-r`` or ``?``.

> * stops at the first match

When in search mode, you can use ``C-s`` to go to the next match and
``C-r`` to go to the previous match.

One problem that remains is what to do about diacritics. Should noor
ignore all diacritics when searching?

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Apr 23, 2008, 10:14:30 AM4/23/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
One problem that remains is what to do about diacritics.  Should noor
ignore all diacritics when searching?

Yeah..It should ignore them. Zekr also ignores them.

What do you think about adding the search facility in the taskpane instead of where it is now?

zabeeh khan

Apr 23, 2008, 10:20:13 AM4/23/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 23, 2008, 1:06:14 PM4/23/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 23 2008 18:12 +0430, Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:
> On Apr 21 2008 17:23 +0430, Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:
>> On Apr 21 2008 13:10 +0430, zabeeh khan wrote:
>>> please consider adding search and bookmarking support....
>>
>> I've added search to the repository (bound to ``/``, ``C-f`` and
>> ``C-s`` keys). It is quite basic, though:
>
> I've improved some of these:
>
>> * is case-sensitive
>
> Search is case-insensitive, now.

Also added ``gtk.ignore_case`` option to control that.

>> * starts from the start of the buffer each time
>
> It starts from current aya.
>
>> * is only in forward direction
>
> I've added search backwards (from current aya); use ``C-r`` or ``?``.
>
>> * stops at the first match
>
> When in search mode, you can use ``C-s`` to go to the next match and
> ``C-r`` to go to the previous match.

You can also use up/down and M-n/M-p, too.

> One problem that remains is what to do about diacritics. Should noor
> ignore all diacritics when searching?

I'll try to add ``gtk.ignore_diacritics`` option to control that.

Regards,
Ali

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 23, 2008, 1:14:19 PM4/23/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

Searches are temporary and they move in the window; putting them in
the taskpane requires making them somehow stateless or resetting it
whenever the current aya or sura changes.

By the way, the current command bar (where search box is shown) can
hold labels and buttons, too (for instance next/prev match; something
like firefox).

Regards,
Ali

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 24, 2008, 1:13:57 AM4/24/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

Added.

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Apr 24, 2008, 2:42:30 AM4/24/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

I will check it...

Qudratullah Khan

Apr 24, 2008, 5:01:42 AM4/24/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded the new version of Noor, but I doesn't contain the search option.

Thank you,
Qudratullah Khan

Qudratullah Khan

Apr 24, 2008, 5:02:21 AM4/24/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded the new version of Noor, but it doesn't contain the search option.

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 24, 2008, 5:27:40 AM4/24/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 24 2008 13:32 +0430, Qudratullah Khan wrote:
> I have downloaded the new version of Noor, but it doesn't contain the search
> option.

It is available in the noor's mercurial repository. You can get its
snapshots from:

http://noor.sf.net/hg/noor/archive/tip.tar.gz

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Apr 24, 2008, 10:31:25 AM4/24/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

you should press control+f or control+s to.....

zabeeh khan

Apr 26, 2008, 10:21:29 AM4/26/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

Assalam alaikum

Brother I have attached a .zip file which contains four files. Three of them are icons and one is the updated menu.py. Please change the functions in the bookmark menu.

Please use the about13.png instead of the old about13.png. The old one was a little small...this one is perfect.

And if you can...please add find next and find prev. buttons in the search bar.

about13.zip

Ali Gholami Rudi

Apr 26, 2008, 2:42:40 PM4/26/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 26 2008 18:51 +0430, zabeeh khan wrote:
> Assalam alaikum

Alaikum assalam

> Brother I have attached a .zip file which contains four files. Three of them
> are icons and one is the updated menu.py. Please change the functions in the
> bookmark menu.
>
> Please use the about13.png instead of the old about13.png. The old one was a
> little small...this one is perfect.

Thanks, updated.

> And if you can...please add find next and find prev. buttons in the search bar.

Done.

Regards,
Ali