noor-1.2 released

Ali Gholami Rudi

Mar 4, 2009, 3:05:19 AM3/4/09
to noor-dev
Hi,

Noor 1.2 was released. You can get it from:
http://sf.net/projects/noor/files

Regards,
Ali

Mehmet Nur Olcay

Mar 28, 2009, 1:23:50 PM3/28/09
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 04 March 2009 10:05:19 Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Noor 1.2 was released. You can get it from:
> http://sf.net/projects/noor/files

Thanks for the release, it would be nice if it has a gui settings section for
recitations path and other settings in ~/.noor

> Regards,
> Ali

Ali Gholami Rudi

Mar 29, 2009, 12:42:45 AM3/29/09
to noor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mehmet,

Mehmet Nur Olcay <mnur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the release, it would be nice if it has a gui settings section for
> recitations path and other settings in ~/.noor

Thanks for the idea. But I'm afraid, I'm not the best person for
implementing this; I do less python development these days and don't
have the talents for gui design. But patches are welcome.

About recitation support:

Noor's recitation support is very simple. You can specify play_sura or
play_aya commands: these external commands get executed when a new sura
or a new aya is shown. But the important thing is that these commands
should be blocking; they should wait till the sura/aya is fully played.

For instance by setting:

play_aya = mplayer -noconsolecontrols /some/path/${sura}-${aya}.mp3

When showing aya 2 of sura 10, /some/path/002-010.mp3 is played (${sura}
and ${aya} are replaced with current sura and aya).

If follow_ayas is set, when the play_aya command finishes noor goes to
the next aya and play_aya is started again (you can use 'K' key to stop
it).

Regards,
Ali

Mehmet Nur Olcay

Mar 29, 2009, 10:52:56 AM3/29/09
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday 29 March 2009 07:42:45 Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:

> For instance by setting:
>
> play_aya = mplayer -noconsolecontrols /some/path/${sura}-${aya}.mp3
>
> When showing aya 2 of sura 10, /some/path/002-010.mp3 is played (${sura}
> and ${aya} are replaced with current sura and aya).

Well, this one is working but i realised that even after noor is closed,
mplayer stayed running in the background still.

just try to play an aya or sura, then close noor and try:

ps aux | grep mplayer

Ali Gholami Rudi

Mar 29, 2009, 12:34:28 PM3/29/09
to noor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mehmet,

Mehmet Nur Olcay <mnur...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does that happen after pressing 'K' (without exiting)?
What about using 'q' key to exit noor?

If both of them fail maybe there's something wrong with killing
processes. What is the python version? (See kill() method at the end
of noor/gtkhelper/player.py, if you want to test what's wrong,
yourself.)

Regards,
Ali