What's up!

zabeeh khan

Aug 4, 2008, 10:57:50 PM8/4/08
to noor-dev
Assalamu alaikum brother,

I hope you are fine. I haven't seen any development in noor from the last time we were working on it. I hope everything is fine?

--
Admin, Pathanisation project
pathanisation.pakhtosoft.com

Ali Gholami Rudi

Aug 5, 2008, 12:22:35 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 05 2008 07:27 +0430, zabeeh khan wrote:
> Assalamu alaikum brother,

Alaikum assalam,

> I hope you are fine. I haven't seen any development in noor from the last time
> we were working on it. I hope everything is fine?

Everything's fine, thanks. And about the development, do you have any
specific feature or improvement in mind?

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Aug 5, 2008, 3:13:07 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking about adding a feature which will allow the user to add comments to a specific aya. We can use the task pane which we had created for going to a specific surah and aya. We can add a text area in the task pane and then user will be allowed to write a comment about the aya he wants and save the comment.

It is a very useful feature as many have requested to add this feature to Zekr.

If it is possible, it will be great.

Ali Gholami Rudi

Aug 5, 2008, 5:54:57 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

Good idea. As with bookmarks, I think the way notes are saved is very
important; I suggest using a directory, ~/.noornotes by default:

* notes for the kth aya of jth sura can be put in j-k.txt
* notes for kth sura can be put in k.txt

This way anyone can edit these files directly, too. Maybe we can add
these, too:

* auto_taskpane config: if set, show the task pane automatically when
the current aya or sura has some notes
* toggle_note key: a key to hide/show task_pane

Regards,
Ali

Qudrat Khan

Aug 5, 2008, 6:11:54 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
great features to be added.

--
Thank you,
Qudrat Khan_kn

zabeeh khan

Aug 5, 2008, 8:48:22 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
Good idea.  As with bookmarks, I think the way notes are saved is very
important; I suggest using a directory, ~/.noornotes by default:

* notes for the kth aya of jth sura can be put in j-k.txt
* notes for kth sura can be put in k.txt

This way anyone can edit these files directly, too.  Maybe we can add
these, too:

* auto_taskpane config: if set, show the task pane automatically when
 the current aya or sura has some notes
* toggle_note key: a key to hide/show task_pane

Good. But, please don't remove the Surah and Aya fields. We should have both the features in one Taskpane.

Ali Gholami Rudi

Aug 5, 2008, 9:27:47 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

How about adding a new horizontal panel (unlike task pane)? this will
make writing long lines easier.

Regards,
Ali

Ali Gholami Rudi

Aug 5, 2008, 11:54:23 AM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com

I've added it to the repository. Use A (ie. shift-a) key (or the
mouse) to add a note (which is shown in a box above the status bar).
Use N (ie. shift-n) key to toggle its visibility. Also you can use
gtk.notes_dir and gtk.show_notes configs. Does it work for you?

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Aug 5, 2008, 12:57:07 PM8/5/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
Will check it tomorrow morning. Insha'Allah.

zabeeh khan

Aug 6, 2008, 8:45:20 PM8/6/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
Brother I checked Noor's comment feature. It is just great. You have easily implemented it. Masha'Allah.

I just saw something missing there! can't we add a small "Close" button at the right of the Notes and Search bars?

As there is in Firefox's search bar. Press Ctrl+F, you will see it.

Ali Gholami Rudi

Aug 6, 2008, 11:52:59 PM8/6/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 07 2008 05:15 +0430, zabeeh khan wrote:
> Brother I checked Noor's comment feature. It is just great. You have easily
> implemented it. Masha'Allah.

لا حول و لا قوه الا بالله

> I just saw something missing there! can't we add a small "Close" button at the
> right of the Notes and Search bars?
>
> As there is in Firefox's search bar. Press Ctrl+F, you will see it.

It was added. Also I've added gtk.hide_buttons variable to hide all
search and note buttons.

Regards,
Ali

zabeeh khan

Aug 7, 2008, 1:24:41 AM8/7/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
Good.

Qudrat Khan

Aug 7, 2008, 1:46:23 AM8/7/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
good to have these features added.
what is the link to download??

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:54 AM, zabeeh khan <zabee...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good.

--
Thank you,
Qudrat Khan

Ali Gholami Rudi

Aug 7, 2008, 2:12:48 AM8/7/08
to noor...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 07 2008 10:16 +0430, Qudrat Khan wrote:
> good to have these features added.
> what is the link to download??

http://noor.sf.net/hg/noor/archive/tip.tar.gz

Regards,