Eclipse plugin

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Sep 18, 2009, 10:28:49 AM9/18/09
to noop
Are there any plans to deliver an Eclipse plugin for Noop development
(as end user, not a contributor)?

I know it's early days and the language features are still being
discussed, but without dev tools...the update will be greatly hindered
(just look at how slowly Scala adoption is going and that is a
language that has every edge imaginable over Java).

Alex Eagle

Sep 21, 2009, 1:40:04 PM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com
Yes, our team has some experience writing IDE plugins, and at some point I agree we need good tooling. Hopefully we'll get there. But, I'd much rather have one for IDEA first :)
-Alex

Wilson MacGyver

Sep 21, 2009, 1:42:13 PM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com
+1 on IDEA plugin first. :)

Dragan R

Sep 21, 2009, 2:37:13 PM9/21/09
to noop
I vote for Eclipse! :)

On Sep 21, 7:42 pm, Wilson MacGyver <wmacgy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 on IDEA plugin first. :)
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Alex Eagle <alexea...@google.com> wrote:
> > Yes, our team has some experience writing IDE plugins, and at some point I
> > agree we need good tooling. Hopefully we'll get there. But, I'd much rather
> > have one for IDEA first :)
> > -Alex
>
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:28 AM, Jacek Furmankiewicz <jace...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> Are there any plans to deliver an Eclipse plugin for Noop development
> >> (as end user, not a contributor)?
>
> >> I know it's early days and the language features are still being
> >> discussed, but without dev tools...the update will be greatly hindered
> >> (just look at how slowly Scala adoption is going and that is a
> >> language that has every edge imaginable over Java).
>
> --
> Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum.- Hide quoted text -

Alex Eagle

Sep 21, 2009, 2:39:34 PM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I started that. All IDE's are equal.

No more voting! Next person to vote gets no plugin. :)
-Alex

Wilson MacGyver

Sep 21, 2009, 3:04:34 PM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com
uh, you know you just opened the possibility to "sabotage" IDEs
you don't like... :)

Dragan R

Sep 22, 2009, 2:13:19 PM9/22/09
to noop
Yes I vote again that All IDE's are equal because principle are the
same