CLR Support?

Philip_L

Sep 21, 2009, 1:48:37 AM9/21/09
to noop
Hi,

I know Noop is currently targeting the JVM, but I would love to see
something like this written for the CLR, and I'm even willing to put
in some time to port it over once the language spec has been
finalized. What do you think?

Christian Edward Gruber

Sep 21, 2009, 4:22:19 AM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com, Philip_L
No objection, though most of us have JVM experience and little CLR
experience. I've worked with C#, but not at the byte code level. But
I don't see why not. I think we probably wouldn't want to make it a
project/team focus for a while, though, given the daunting task of
bringing ANY language to life on any platform. :)

Christian.

Christian Edward Gruber
e-mail: christiane...@gmail.com
weblog: http://www.geekinasuit.com/

Alex Eagle

Sep 21, 2009, 1:38:21 PM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com, Philip_L
I like that Fan (http://fandev.org) compiles to JVM, CLR, and Javascript. I don't know how they manage to produce so much work... it's pretty ambitious.

-Alex

Josh McDonald

Sep 21, 2009, 8:39:29 PM9/21/09
to no...@googlegroups.com
Nah that's nothin, you should see haXe :)

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
  -  jo...@joshmcdonald.info
  -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
  -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/