Decade box for increased input range

François Best

Mar 5, 2014, 2:34:57 AM3/5/14
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I saw on the wiki that the GPIOs expose SPI and I2C. Could these be used to communicate with a digitally controlled decade box?

It would dampen signals with a voltage higher than 5V for example, and tell the CEE the scale information to display the correct value on the interface. It could also handle negative voltages with an inverter (and also tell the CEE the voltage is negative).

I was planning of doing this with an audio interface to use it as a scope, but the CEE looks much more appropriate and easier to tweak.

Ian Daniher

Mar 6, 2014, 11:18:51 AM3/6/14
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hi François,

The GPIO offer 3v3 input and output signals in a variety of digital protocol configurations. If your decade box works with 3.3v logic levels, odds are very good it'll be a good fit for use with CEE. If you have a preliminary block diagram or circuit schematic, I'd love to take a look and provide feedback.

Best!
--
Ian