CEE Not working

Jamie Cansdale

Mar 13, 2012, 11:38:28 AM3/13/12
to Nonolith Labs CEE
Hello,

My CEE device appears not to be working. Whatever voltages I set in
Pixelpulse, chan A and B always show 1.98V/1.95V.

When I connect the device, LED1 lights up for a fraction of a second.
Apart from that it is always off.

Is there anything I can try to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Mark Penner

Mar 13, 2012, 12:33:52 PM3/13/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
I ran into a similar problem/symptoms when attempting to connect to a computer running Windows Vista.  When I switched to my laptop running Windows 7 the system worked flawlessly.  What OS are you using?

Jamie Cansdale

Mar 13, 2012, 1:36:35 PM3/13/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit). I'll see if I can find another machine
to try it on.

Regards,
Jamie.

Kevin Mehall

Mar 13, 2012, 2:27:06 PM3/13/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Jamie -
I'm sorry your CEE isn't working properly. Can you go to http://apps.nonolithlabs.com/edge/debuginfo, plug in your CEE, and paste the information? If you have another computer available, that's also worth a try.

Mark -
Thanks for the heads up. We tested the Windows version on XP and 7, but didn't have a Vista machine available. We'll look into that.

--
Kevin Mehall
Nonolith Labs

Jamie Cansdale

Mar 13, 2012, 2:52:12 PM3/13/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

> Can you go to http://apps.nonolithlabs.com/edge/debuginfo, plug in your
> CEE, and paste the information?

Here we go:

Nonolith Connect

Version: 1.0-pre

Platform: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.3
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1061.1 Safari/536.3

CEE

hwVersion: 1.0

fwVersion: 1.0

serial: 137423432303FFFF91FF8000D100

EEPROM data:

------------------

I've waited a while and it still says "loading". Is this normal?

> If you have another computer available, that's also worth a
> try.

I've tried it on another (Windows 7 64-bit) machine, but I get the same issue.

Regards,
Jamie.

--
http://www.testdriven.net
http://twitter.com/jcansdale

Ian Daniher

Mar 13, 2012, 7:10:51 PM3/13/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamie,

The debuginfo page has just been modified to return the error code if the EEPROM read transaction doesn't complete. Can you hit the link and copy the results again?

We've tested on our end with a Win7 x64 machine and weren't able to reproduce the error. That in mind, what you're describing sounds like a software problem, not a hardware issue.

Do you have access to a non-Win7/64b machine? If not, or if you test your CEE and it doesn't work on the other machine, we'll get a replacement in the mail.

Thanks!
--
Ian

Jamie Cansdale

Mar 13, 2012, 7:59:48 PM3/13/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

Here's the error code:

EEPROM data:

Status -9

Does that give us any more clues?

I'll try it on a Mac and see if anything different happens.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Jamie Cansdale

Mar 16, 2012, 9:23:58 PM3/16/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

I'm afraid I can't get this to work on any of my machines. If you
could send a replacement, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Ian Daniher

Mar 17, 2012, 10:45:06 AM3/17/12
to nonoli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamie,

We'll get a replacement out ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

--
Ian