Pin to taskbar

Dialecticus

Jan 10, 2012, 10:54:49 AM1/10/12
to nomad-net
If I right-click on .exe of last stable version (2.8.7) I can pin it
to taskbar. Icon on taskbar behaves nice, because when I click it
there are no additional icons on taskbar, but existing icon "lits up"
with actual application icon.

But, if I try to do the same with latest beta version (3.0.5) then I
get two icons on taskbar instead of one. First is the pinned icon of
3.0.5, and second is the actual application of 3.0.5 ("lit up"). If I
right-click on second icon (the actual application icon) nothing
happens. This is weird, because I should have a menu with at least
three options (1. start another instance of application, 2. pin
application to taskbar, 3. close application).

arbiter

Jan 11, 2012, 9:29:15 AM1/11/12
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Nomad pining to taskbar based on version. So, several Nomad versions can be pinned simultaneously. In your case you need to unpin previous version from taskbar and pin a new one.
--
Liberavi animam meam!
arbiter

Dialecticus

Jan 11, 2012, 10:06:24 AM1/11/12
to nomad-net
Thanks for quick response. Funny thing, yesterday when I played with
pinning I could've sworn that at one I time removed old pin and tried
again unsuccessfully to add proper new pin. But today I succeeded it.
Maybe restart helped it work. Oh, well :)

Aleksandras T.

Jun 29, 2016, 4:08:07 AM6/29/16
to nomad-net, mcvet...@gmail.com
Hi,

there is another issue with pinned taskbar icons with Windows 10 and Nomad.NET 3.2 version (but seems it was same with previous versions - both of Windows, and Nomad.NET).
When I pin the app just an icon is pinned, but when I open an instance - it creates additional icon, which is not connected to the pinned one.
Probably because it creates an app with completely different AppID. Please check attached image.

Can it be solved somehow? Or what's the right way to pin the icon?
nomad.PNG

Aleksandras T.

Jun 29, 2016, 5:01:39 AM6/29/16
to nomad-net, mcvet...@gmail.com
Seems I found a workaround:

- Make registry changes according to http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-show-more-details-for-shortcuts-in-windows-8-1-windows-8-and-windows-7/ (there is a prepared reg file for it)
- Then you can pin an app to taskbar, do a right click on the shortcut and edit it.
- After registry changes you will see additional properties in Details tab.
- Set "AppUserModelId" property to "BMG.Nomad.NET".
- It worked for me and now I have a correct behaviour.

Still not sure if it was just my issue or a common one. If the latter, then I think it can be easily fixed in a more correct way, in the app itself (according to many Windows7/8/10 taskbar API tutorials).

arbiter

Jul 1, 2016, 1:39:56 PM7/1/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
I have similar issue on Windows 10 version 1511. There is a bug when AppId was not filled by Windows when pinning some applications (and that is why your workaround helps). That bug was fixed in the following Windows releases.