Bypass Setup and Upgrade Wizard at starting

Bill Stewart

Mar 25, 2016, 4:58:16 PM3/25/16
to nomad-net
For example, command-line parameter : -bypasswizard

Just start nomad.net - use all defaults - and do not display the wizard.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Bill

arbiter

Mar 26, 2016, 11:00:39 AM3/26/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
It is not possible to do this using command line parameters. It is not that hard to implement, but why do you need it? This dialog usually appear only once, and you simply skip it by pressing Cancel.

Liberavi animam meam!
arbiter

Bill Stewart

Mar 28, 2016, 10:27:32 AM3/28/16
to nomad-net
Hi,

This is so that I can create an MSI installer to install the package. Users running nomad.net don't have administrator privileges and so can't they run the ngen script (which is selected by default), so they get a "failed" error with the default check marks set and think something is wrong.

It would be simpler to have direct install and just run with defaults and no setup needed.

Thanks!

Bill

arbiter

Mar 28, 2016, 11:14:53 AM3/28/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
I see. I'll consider to add some kind of "use defaults on first start" in future, even in the next version maybe.

But right now, when you create your install script, you can achieve the same result by copying configuration file from your personal installation to the users AppData folder during install. There only one caveeat - configuration folder name depend on Nomad installation path. So if your install script is unattended and always installs Nomad in the same folder, then you can copy "default" user.config during install.

You'll find user.config file and configuration folder name in %nomadcfgdir% environment variable.

Bill Stewart

Mar 28, 2016, 11:25:17 AM3/28/16
to nomad-net
Hi,

Thanks for considering adding this feature!

I will try your suggestion as well.

Thank you very much for creating this application!

Bill