rar archives

Sergey Vasiliev

May 19, 2016, 12:42:34 PM5/19/16
to nomad-net
If I open any rar archives (RAR or RAR5 formats) I see first two folders
--Rar
--UnRar.dll

see example below

Archive content is in both of these folders.

Why is that and how to fix rar archives operations?

Is it possible to use 7Zip and RAR from local installation, not from plugin dlls?

Regards,
Sergey

arbiter

May 19, 2016, 6:12:01 PM5/19/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
7z.dll shipped with Nomad does not support extracting files from RAR5 archives, that is why I've implemented support for original unrar.dll. What you see on picture is archive handler selection (7z or unrar.dll), when you'll add another rar archive handler (for example via wcx plugin) you'll see third option here. And of course, any archive handler can be disabled or enabled in options.

Latest 7Zip versions, however, support RAR5 archives directly, so you can try to use newest 7z.dll. It is not tested, but should work.

When Nomad is unable to find 7z.dll in plugins folder it'll try to find it in 7Zip installation folder (folder location is taken from registry). Unrar.dll, on the other hand, is not shipped with RAR itself, so Nomad is looking for it only in plugins folder.

Liberavi animam meam!
arbiter

Sergey Vasiliev

May 19, 2016, 6:26:40 PM5/19/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com

Rar has separate page with unrar library
http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm
Name of unrar64.dll from that page  is different from Nomad's copy.
Can you change Nomad that it can work with native unrar.dll and unrar64.dll?

Regards,
Sergey

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "nomad-net" group.

arbiter

May 19, 2016, 6:43:19 PM5/19/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Nomad is using native unrar.dll (and unrar64.dll) they are just renamed for consistency (but Nomad will work with unrenamed libraries as well). I see, however, that there is newest version of unrar.dll available, I'll include it in the next release.

Sergey Vasiliev

May 19, 2016, 6:45:54 PM5/19/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the answer.
BTW, when can we expect next release?

Regards,
Sergey

arbiter

May 19, 2016, 6:52:23 PM5/19/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Next week, if nothing exceptional happens, but don't expect much, it'll be bugfix release only. Also, after further investigation I've found that latest unrar.dll is version 5.40 beta 1, so I'm not sure about including it in the final release. I'll think about that later.

Sergey Vasiliev

May 19, 2016, 7:28:07 PM5/19/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com

I would say that even 5.40b1 is fine for archive operations in Nomad. I will test this tomorrow.
How can I change archive handler that rar archives will be processed only with unrar and not 7zip?

Regards,
Sergey

Sergey Vasiliev

May 20, 2016, 5:39:40 AM5/20/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
FYI, with Nomad you distribute the latest stable UnRAR dll v 5.31 with RAR5 support. No need to switch to 5.40 as it is still in beta

Regards,
Sergey

arbiter

May 20, 2016, 6:32:18 AM5/20/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
You can disable 7zip rar (or unrar.dll) format handler by simply unchecking it on archives section in options.