Mass rename & Operations queue (copy, delete, etc)

Sergey Vasiliev

Jun 19, 2016, 4:42:53 PM6/19/16
to nomad-net
Question to Arbiter about two points from roadmap
  • Mass rename
  • Operations queue (copy, delete, etc)
Are there concrete plans for the next releases?

Thank you

Regards,

Sergey

arbiter

Jun 26, 2016, 7:23:18 PM6/26/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, no. I still have plans for that (internals are ready for mass rename for example), but it won't happen soon.

Closest plans are:
- Improvements in Shell namespace (many internal changes to support MTP folders)
- Improvements in recycle bin handling
- Improvements in archives processing (support for last 7-zip modulest, new features, etc)
- Folder synchronizer
- Support for long file name (not sure about that yet)

Liberavi animam meam!
arbiter

Sergey Vasiliev

Jun 28, 2016, 10:07:56 AM6/28/16
to nomad-net
Could we have vote system for the road-map to show users interest/priority for upcoming features?

Gr., Sergey

arbiter

Jul 1, 2016, 1:46:30 PM7/1/16
to noma...@googlegroups.com
Well, vote system won't help, because Nomad have one priority user - me. And wishes and ideas of that priority user implemented first.

You can, however, ask for features you need, if I found them easy to implement or interesting for me, they will be implemented (right now I'm working on some features requested by only one user, because I've found them interesting and challenging).

Another option is to write your own plugin implementing functionality you need, of course that option is not for all, and not everything can be implemented that way, but still, I believe time I've spent on implementing plug-ins framework was not wasted.
Message has been deleted