Geno Delafose on "American Routes"

props4pops

May 6, 2010, 2:26:20 PM5/6/10
to nola music announce
Horsepower: The Cowboy Rides Into the Future

This week on American Routes we're exploring the life of the cowboy.
From the desert hills of Nevada to the swampy forests of Florida, the
cowboy is an enduring symbol of American individualism and self-
reliance. We'll visit with several working cowboys, including a few
who can sing a tune or two. Wylie Gustafson might be better known as
the man behind the Yahoo yodel, but we'll talk ranching and horses, as
well as music. Then we'll talk to Creole cowboy Geno Delafose to learn
how he mixes zydeco with cattle raising. Plus a couple of Cracker
cowboys share tales of cow-hunting, and lots of music to get you out
on the trail.

Airs: May 5 - May 12, 2010

- http://americanroutes.publicradio.org/

##