deleted messages are not readable

nokia_madness

May 20, 2010, 3:55:30 AM5/20/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Hi!

I used the 2.1 trial version to recover deleted messages from an .nbu
back up file. The messages are in Greek. I can read correctly the
messages stored in the Inbox or Sent folder but the deleted messages
stored in the Mail2 folder are unreadable (some characters are in
greek but most are non-greek). I tried writing a macro to substitute
characters but this doesn't work since some times one greek character
is displayed with more than one different non-greek character set.

I have also an other question. If you delete received or made call
entries from the call list is it possible to retrieve these from the
back-up file?

Thanks

--
Message from Google Groups "Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite".
To post: email to noki...@googlegroups.com

hz

May 20, 2010, 9:31:22 PM5/20/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
hi,

The sms in Mail2 folder doesn't have encode info. Noki will do its
best to guess the encoding. So there might be some chars failed to
recognize.

If you can code it, you can extract those sms (Noki will keep the
original format) and parsing it.

> If you delete received or made call entries from the call list is it possible to retrieve these from the back-up file?
Check logdbu.dat file. It's the call log file. I'll try to add call
log support in Noki v2.2.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com

nokia_madness

May 21, 2010, 7:14:21 AM5/21/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Hi again!

Pardon my ignorance, but could you provide a small hint on how to code
and parse the file?

Also, I don't see anywhere a logdbu.dat file. Is it possible that this
file has not been saved into the .nbu backup?

Cheers

hz

May 21, 2010, 7:34:49 AM5/21/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
hi,

Just extract the text content of each sms out of the files in Mail2
folder.

Logdbu.dat should be in a symbian phone backup file. Please check if
your phone is a symbian phone.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com

nokia_madness

May 28, 2010, 7:39:41 AM5/28/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
I don't know what happened but it appears that my last post got lost
some how. So I am posting again:

Extracting is not working for me. When I select extract, the screen
flickers for a second but nothing happens. Nothing is extracted.
Convert does work but with the same result. The text file is
unreadable.

As for the Logdbu.dat file, it does not exist and my phone is a
symbian phone. Its a Nokia 5230. Where should this file be located? I
checked every single folder but couldn't find it.

Thanks again

hz

May 29, 2010, 4:39:24 AM5/29/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
> Extracting is not working for me. When I select extract, the screen
flickers for a second but nothing happens.

It might be caused by the trial verion limit. Mail2 folder's files
have exceeds the trial version extraction limit.

You can send me the backup file. I'll extract the Mail2 folder and
send the content back.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com