SMS in Mail2 folder unreadable for hebrew characters

Alex

Sep 6, 2010, 7:41:38 AM9/6/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
I don't know which encoding you use to extract the files, but the
characters (which are supposed to be in Hebrew) are non readable.

I tried to extract and encode it myself in code, but it didn't help.

What encoding do you use?
Is it possible to encode in UTF-8?

Please advise,
Thanks.

hz

Sep 14, 2010, 8:33:19 AM9/14/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
hi, Alex,

Nokia doesn't keep much encoding info in the backup file. The encode
of the sms is mainly guessed.

I'm not able to read Hebrew - I'd tried once with a customer, trying
all standard Hebrew encoding with no luck. If you make any progress,
please kindly note me - other Noki users will benifit from it.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com