Import messages saved on memory card?

offer

Nov 1, 2009, 6:27:13 PM11/1/09
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Hi,

I have selected "Memory card" in message settings "Memory in use" (got
memory full warnings etc before). They are all saved in the hidden
directory Private on the memory card. Is it possible to extract those
messages? My Private directory contains over 13 000 files, most of
them < 1 kb (at least 1 file per message). Well, is it possible to
make a .arc-file from this and then extract them? (not possible to
transfer on the phone, it just hangs)

If you / your application can do that, you have a new customer ;)

hz

Nov 2, 2009, 5:59:17 PM11/2/09
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
hi,

You can backup a .arc and read it via Noki. All text messages are in
the Private/Mail2 folder.

Please check the .arc recovery guide at: http://nokisoft.com/how-to.htm#how-to-10

Anyway, you can use the trial version to make sure all messages can be
extracted.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com

offer

Nov 2, 2009, 6:28:12 PM11/2/09
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Thank you for your reply, but I don't know if you understood me.

Long version: I know Noki can read the .arc-backup, but that only
contains the messages (etc) saved in the _phone memory_, right? I have
selected to store my messages on the memory card (so when I read the
memory card in my computer I see the Private/Mail2 as a regular
folder). Is it possible to let Noki extract them from this (normal/
binary) folder structure? Or - maybe - create some kind of container
that Noki can read (.arc, .nbu ...), and then export it?

Short version: I have the binary Private/Mail2-data, and want to
extract it to .csv. How?

hz

Nov 5, 2009, 4:14:16 AM11/5/09
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
> Is it possible to let Noki extract them from this (normal/
> binary) folder structure?
No. Noki is designed to read from those backup file.

> Or - maybe - create some kind of container
> that Noki can read (.arc, .nbu ...), and then export it?
I'm not aware any .arc or .nbu archiver yet. While .arc is a quite old
format, you can check if there're such tools.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com