Willing to buy but very big down sides...

Clever J

Mar 4, 2010, 6:59:26 AM3/4/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Hi Noki team

I've been looking for a way to convert my NBU backups to plain text /
CSV formats because i've developed this database application for my
own use, w/c organizes all my sms archives neatly...

All was dandy using PC Suite since its communication center had a
feature to export message to excel directly, and i can easily parse
that..but when OVI came that wasnt the case anymore :(

Anywho, I am most interested in your app, but found the following
flaws:
1) There doesnt seem to be a way of telling if message is RECEIVED or
SENT.. (i can not organize my received and sent messages)
2) The exported format is hard to parse. wish there was a standard CSV
format for it

hz

Mar 5, 2010, 11:09:14 PM3/5/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
hi,

Thanks for trying Noki!

On your questions:

> 1) There doesnt seem to be a way of telling if message is RECEIVED or
> SENT.. (i can not organize my received and sent messages)

For converted .txt file, there's segment header like this:
[- TEXT MESSAGES: 13 -]
[- INBOX: 7 -]
[- SENT: 6 -]

For converted .xls (Excel workbook) file, each box is sorted into
different worksheet tabs.

> 2) The exported format is hard to parse. wish there was a standard CSV
> format for it

The .txt format is easy to parse - it's unicode in UCS2 encoding for
multi-language support. Of course, if you have a .xls reader, it can
be easily coverted to .csv format.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han