Recovering sms messages

George J. Capnias

Mar 28, 2010, 6:18:28 AM3/28/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Two days ago, I lost all the sms messages, as well as, my email
accounts from my Nokia XpressMusic 5800 phone. Always prepared, I
backup my device once a week.

The latest backup I have in in my memory card since 1 week ago. I used
the latest trial version of Noki to check these backup files. Inside
messages.arc I found that there is a folder called Mail2 and there are
only 6 messages - it supposed to be more that 300 sms messages in
there. Is this a limitation of the trial version, or there are only
sms messages and Nokia backup phone job sucks? Should I be able to see
the email messages also as well as the send messages?

An other issue I have the Noki is, that is does not displays properly,
nor exports, contacts with greek characters. Is there something I can
do about it?

Thanks,
George J.

hz

Mar 28, 2010, 7:43:19 AM3/28/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
hi, George,

> or there are only sms messages and Nokia backup phone job sucks?

Mail2 folders contains many types of messages(email, sms, mms etc).
Noki will do some guess work to find out the category each file
belongs. I'm not sure if the file was not backuped properly or the
parsing rules of Noki is too strict. If possible, please send me the
backup file. I'll further check.

> Should I be able to see the email messages also as well as the send messages?

Sure. Please check Email recovery details at:
http://www.nokisoft.com/how-to.htm#how-to-email-recovery

On the Greek characters, please check: www.nokisoft.com/support/noki-v2.1-setup-petrovi4.zip.

Best Regards,
Abrash Han
www.nokisoft.com

George J. Capnias

Mar 28, 2010, 9:38:06 AM3/28/10
to Noki - Extracting Everything for Nokia PC Suite
Hi,

Thank you for the quick response - I will sent you my messages.arc, in
your Gmail account.

I installed the second setup - the new executable displays the
messages differently, but still not correctly.

Regards,
George J.