Sound for Selecting Choices in a Dropdown box or Listbox on a Web Page

Jason Bratcher

Jun 5, 2012, 1:21:49 AM6/5/12
to Noise
Wonder if it's possible to associate a sound to the generic selection of items in a drop down box or list box on a web page?
This sound will also be played when i tap the arrow keys to make a selection in the same box.
Along that line, is there a way to also associate a sound for extended or multi-select boxes?
I.E., play the sound when i press CTRL+Space to select the list item i'm on in the list box?
Only for the selected state, not the unselected state.

bootleq

Jun 29, 2012, 10:34:19 PM6/29/12
to noise-firef...@googlegroups.com
Hi, there are no easy way to capture dropdown (a <select> in HTML) changes.
Yes, we have a 'change' event, which occurs when the <select> value changed and lost focus.
Most form elements behavior this way, though we can add complicate script to test a event, for example:

change&event['target'].tagName=='SELECT'&&event['target'].value=xxx...

however it's not reasonable to maintain such huge settings. We will fall in panic when it is broken.

I wonder if there are some screen reader or mature plugin can translate browser event into another level,
thus expose interface to something Noise can capture.
For example, it might expose custom event like 'select-item-selected' which is not nativity exists in browser.

2012/6/5 Jason Bratcher <imco...@gmail.com>

--
您已訂閱「Google 網上論壇」的「Noise (Firefox Extension)」群組,因此我們特別傳送這封郵件通知您。
如要在此群組張貼留言,請傳送電子郵件至 noise-firef...@googlegroups.com