Associate sounds to different HTML Elements or Widgets

Jason Bratcher

Apr 5, 2012, 9:58:54 PM4/5/12
to Noise
Say, wonder if it's possible to associate OnFocus sound alerts for various HTML elements/widgets as i tab to (or land on) them via the arrow keys.
Things like buttons, checkboxes, radio buttons, regular text boxes, password boxes, and various link types;
I.E., same-page, FTP, MailTo, ImageMap...

bootleq

Apr 7, 2012, 2:45:00 AM4/7/12
to noise-firef...@googlegroups.com
It might be done by setting some event filters like "focus&event.target.tagName==XXX".
However currently, Noise can only get focus event from "window", not from UI elements.
The reason is, focus event doesn't "bubbles" up to parent elements, thus "window" can not receive them.

Until we listen to every focusable element, this can hardly be solved.
That way could make Firefox slower and is not a good idea.

In the future, there should be a focusin event to rescue. It seems "Unimplemented" in Firefox so far:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/DOM_event_reference

--
您已訂閱「Google 網上論壇」的「Noise (Firefox Extension)」群組,因此我們特別傳送這封郵件通知您。
如要在此群組張貼留言,請傳送電子郵件至 noise-firef...@googlegroups.com