Verdun project : 3 important meetings set up for July

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Jun 20, 2018, 6:36:04 PM6/20/18
to SENSORICA, NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
See agenda

Also, I had a phone call with David last week on Thursday,  where we essentially discussed about the length of time it takes to fund this project and the inherent difficulty of coordinating 3 levels of Government. Something to think about at high level, and find better and more agile support solutions if Canada wants to foster disruptive innovation. I shared with David the reality on the ground, when at least 2 years are needed to fund an innovative project: change of focus of the network, which can be disruptive in the long term, demotivation of participants, etc. Out of this conversation came out July meetings agenda that he proposed.

I also have to underline David's commitment to this project and the amount of time he puts into it. I never felt let down, he is really accessible and reactive. The problem is the process, we need to coordinate 3 levels of government, on top of the fact that it is not an easy project to sell, because we are not selling a money making scheme but rather a way to change our economy. There is an extra layer of abstraction there and not everyone in the government or the administration is able to cope with it.

Having said that, following Tim's brilliant idea, I proposed to try another venue to fund the Verdun project. Instead of asking for grants, why don't we ask for mandates, and we can use some of our earnings to advance the Verdun project agenda. We can tackle complex problems that require socio-economic-environmental solutions. For example recycling in cities.

Or sports and well-being in cities

Solutions that require a holistic view generated theough a participatory approach, involving a large diversity of actors/stakeholders.

Agathe Lehel

Jun 21, 2018, 5:45:31 PM6/21/18
to Tiberius Brastaviceanu, SENSORICA, NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
Hi Tibi,

Thank you for sharing news.

You'll find here a document to comment and improve to link éco2FEST and VOICE to help the 2 projects emerge.

Could you comment the doc? It could be interesting for us to join this doc to our grant applications. ;)

Agathe Lehel

aga...@ouishare.quebec
514-576-8235
ouishare.quebec

--
This is the NOICE / LE VOICE / Verdun public forum.
NOICE is a project coordinated by www.sensorica.co and OuiShare Montreal.

Go to project page on SENSORICA
http://www.sensorica.co/home/what-we-do/projects/non-technical-projects/verdun-project

Go to project page on OuiShare
https://sites.google.com/site/ouisharemtlcollab/home/projects/verdun-project

Background: This forum was first created by SENSORICA for the Open Alliance initiative. See more in this initiative
http://www.sensorica.co/home/working-space/labonline-network/montreal-labonline/the-open-alliance

NOTE: if you find that you are receiving too many emails you can set up your options to daily or weekly digest.You can also unsubscribe yourself from this forum. See below...
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/noice-levoice.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/noice-levoice/CAH3XNQKZbbKjUU6qcyuvhL8_3VLntWV2-z0SYc5V6y8r%3DaZBsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Jun 22, 2018, 5:29:14 PM6/22/18
to Agathe Lehel, SENSORICA, NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
Hi Agathe,

Thanks for sharing. I will look into it over the weekend. As you know, I am dealing with the lab moving these days.

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Jun 22, 2018, 5:36:55 PM6/22/18
to Agathe Lehel, SENSORICA, NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
On a separate note, we hear signs of appreciation from MESI for our memo for the collaborative economy.

I hear second hand info that people at the MESI are also discussing the Verdun project. This is very encouraging! Something nice might develop in the following weeks.