Funding proposal for MESI - for 15th of August

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Aug 10, 2017, 10:57:22 PM8/10/17
to NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
Hi all,

We're working on the funding proposal for MESI (Ministere de l'Economie, Science et Innovation Quebec). More details in the Updates doc. This is due for the 14th of August.

The proposal doc is here. We are refining the structure, using a collaborative methodology by first laying down the thematic, pragmatic and logical structure. At this stage we can easily move things around and insert new ideas / information. Feel free to add comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks Bruce for doing so! Later tomorrow, and over the weekend, the structure will become more and more fixed and we'll go to the writing phase. It will be very difficult to make big changes Monday. Tuesday, before the submission, we'll only focus on style and aesthetics and make sure that we have all the elements required.

Estelle and Marc-Andre are working on the financial aspects. I will assist them whenever they will need help, because I worked a lot on the budget and I am familiar with all the details. They will produce a spreadsheet to be shared soon.

We will coordinate in this thread for this push.

HELP needed
  • someone to provide latest numbers / projections / trends about the collaborative economy. [note: not the same thing as the social economy, make sure you use the right keywords]
  • someone to proofread our final french document.
  • more needs will probably come as we go

Thanks for your attention and cooperation!

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Aug 11, 2017, 12:17:51 AM8/11/17
to NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
What do you think about this idea:

LE VOICE / NOICE is the world's first collaborative economy cluster.
LE VOICE / NOICE est la premiere grappe d'economie collaborative au monde.

  • At the core of this cluster you find 5 CELLs (autonomous open spaces, of complementary type, in synergy, federated - sharing IT infrastructure, Governance and Methodologies of work). This is a structuring element, you can also see it as an incubator, accelerator and open innovation hub
  • Around this core, a bunch of partners: academic labs, private companies, NGOs, other open networks and open spaces, non profits, etc. They take different roles / offer services: education, funding, events, etc. Their activities around the core of 5 CELLs are structured by our vision, processes, projects, etc.
LE VOICE adds coherence around open innovation and the collaborative economy themes.

The whole thing is designed to nurture the collaborative entrepreneur, incubate and accelerate collaborative ventures

All this forms a coherent cluster.

SENSORICA and OuiShare are the instigators but after 5 years the ecosystem is supposed to run on its own, based on our sustainability plans. SENSORICA and OuiShare will stop playing their guiding roles, and will simply become actors in this new cluster / ecosystem.

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Aug 17, 2017, 2:41:26 PM8/17/17
to NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
The proposal has been submitted and we received a confirmation message from MESI .

See proposal doc here