Self-signed certificate attacks

yzn...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 4:50:27 AM3/23/15
to nogot...@googlegroups.com
Does the self-signed certificate attack use the same self-signed cert generated for encrypting the mitm server/client connection? (server.crt)
I'm guessing it does. Just it doesn't seem to explicitly say it in the documentation.

Chad Brubaker

Mar 23, 2015, 1:59:00 PM3/23/15
to Michael Kennedy, nogot...@googlegroups.com
No, the certs are generated on the fly for the target domain(+ DNS alt names) and cached in /tmp

You can see the code for it in nogotofail/mitm/util/ca.py

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:50 AM, <yzn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does the self-signed certificate attack use the same self-signed cert generated for encrypting the mitm server/client connection? (server.crt)
I'm guessing it does. Just it doesn't seem to explicitly say it in the documentation.

yzn...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 11:45:13 AM3/24/15
to nogot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chad.