Node v0.3.1

Ryan Dahl

Nov 17, 2010, 12:53:18 AM11/17/10
to nodejs
2010.11.16, Version 0.3.1 (unstable)

* TLS improvments (Paul Querna)
- Centralize error handling in SecureStream
- Add SecurePair for handling of a ssl/tls stream.

* New documentation organization (Micheil Smith)

* allowHalfOpen TCP connections disabled by default.

* Add C++ API for constructing fast buffer from string

* Move idle timers into its own module

* Gracefully handle EMFILE and server.maxConnections

* make "node --eval" eval in the global scope.
(Jorge Chamorro Bieling)

* Let exit listeners know the exit code (isaacs)

* Handle cyclic links smarter in fs.realpath (isaacs)

* Remove node-repl (just use 'node' without args)

* Rewrite libeio After callback to use req->result instead of req->errorno
for error checking (Micheil Smith)

* Remove warning about deprecating 'sys' - too aggressive

* Make writes to process.env update the real environment. (Ben Noordhuis)

* Set FD_CLOEXEC flag on stdio FDs before spawning. (Guillaume Tuton)

* Move ev_loop out of javascript

* Switch \n with \r\n for all strings printed out.

* Added support for cross compilation (Rasmus Andersson)

* Add --profile flag to configure script, enables gprof profiling.
(Ben Noordhuis)

* writeFileSync could exhibit pathological behavior when a buffer
could not be written to the file in a single write() call.

* new path.join behavior (isaacs)
- Express desired path.join behavior in tests.
- Update fs.realpath to reflect new path.join behavior
- Update url.resolve() to use new path.join behavior.

* API: Move process.binding('evals') to require('vm')

* Fix V8 build on Cygwin (Bert Belder)

* Add ref to buffer during fs.write and fs.read

* Fix segfault on test-crypto

* Upgrade http-parser to latest and V8 to 2.5.3

Download: http://nodejs.org/dist/node-v0.3.1.tar.gz

Website: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1

Documentation: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/api

Nate

Nov 17, 2010, 5:12:03 PM11/17/10
to nodejs

Micheil Smith

Nov 17, 2010, 5:47:38 PM11/17/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Nate: Could you list them so we could fix them? We just fixed one about 30 mins ago.

Yours,
Micheil Smith
--
BrandedCode.com

Nate

Nov 17, 2010, 6:08:55 PM11/17/10
to nodejs
I'm not sure how you want me to list them. Does this work?

https://github.com/ry/node/blob/master/doc/index.html#L79
https://github.com/ry/node/blob/master/doc/index.html#L119

If you visit http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/ there are two <a
href="api.html">API Documentation</a> tags one in the first section
and on in the build section.

On Nov 17, 2:47 pm, Micheil Smith <mich...@brandedcode.com> wrote:
> Nate: Could you list them so we could fix them? We just fixed one about 30 mins ago.
>
> Yours,
> Micheil Smith
> --
> BrandedCode.com
>
> On 18/11/2010, at 9:12 AM, Nate wrote:
>

> > FYI
>
> >http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/has links tohttp://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/api.html

Nate

Nov 17, 2010, 6:13:59 PM11/17/10
to nodejs
By the way there doesn't appear to be a link to http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/
on the site anywhere. I got there by removing api from
http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/api/

http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/ may not be an intended destination.

On Nov 17, 3:08 pm, Nate <nand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how you want me to list them.  Does this work?
>
> https://github.com/ry/node/blob/master/doc/index.html#L79https://github.com/ry/node/blob/master/doc/index.html#L119
>
> If you visithttp://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/there are two <a
> href="api.html">API Documentation</a> tags one in the first section
> and on in the build section.
>
> On Nov 17, 2:47 pm, Micheil Smith <mich...@brandedcode.com> wrote:
>

> > Nate: Could you list them so we could fix them? We just fixed one about 30 mins ago.
>
> > Yours,
> > Micheil Smith
> > --
> > BrandedCode.com
>
> > On 18/11/2010, at 9:12 AM, Nate wrote:
>
> > > FYI
>
> > >http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/haslinks tohttp://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/api.html

Micheil Smith

Nov 17, 2010, 6:19:31 PM11/17/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the documentation is under active work, I was waiting for some other
stuff to do proper templates for them, but will likely end up doing proper
templates soon anyway.

Also, those links are now fixed. (on the server at least, I'll land them in the
repo soon)

Yours,
Micheil Smith
--
BrandedCode.com

Marak Squires

Nov 17, 2010, 6:21:45 PM11/17/10
to nod...@googlegroups.com

* TLS improvments (Paul Querna)
 - Centralize error handling in SecureStream
 - Add SecurePair for handling of a ssl/tls stream.

+10

Nate

Nov 17, 2010, 6:27:57 PM11/17/10
to nodejs
Yeah I probably shouldn't have mentioned it because I knew things are
rapidly changing.

It's great to see the docs progressing, great job!!