node-gyp rebuild on inotify package on installing babel/register.md

luka...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2020, 5:34:42 PM8/3/20
to nodejs

Hi folks, after installing node-gyp and attempt to build the hello-wordl addon, I wrote a test for it using mocha chai sinon with ES7 syntax. This means that I use import/export and need to use babel.

After attempt to install @babel/register I'm getting the error on inotify package issuing that node-gyp rebuild failed on make with status 2.

node-gyp on inotify.png

Before open an issue on inotify repo, that was solved on #69 I'm questioning either if the failed process of attempt to build an addon or failed cause node-gyp was installed.

There's no ~/.node-gyp folder.

luka...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2020, 5:34:33 PM8/5/20
to nodejs
Surprisingly, installing each modules individually works.
@babel/core, @babel/register, @babel/preset-env and @babel/plugin-transform-modules-commonjs

Thanks.

luka...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2020, 2:38:45 PM8/8/20
to nodejs
Therefore this is not a solution. What can I do?

luka...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2020, 2:38:46 PM8/8/20
to nodejs
Creating my own build script on package.json causes the same error, even using npx.

Screenshot from 2020-08-07 17-28-44.png