Blur does not work

Trumpetto

Nov 1, 2010, 4:40:07 AM11/1/10
to NodeBox for OpenGL
Dear readers,

I think I do something wrong.

I use the latest 1.5 and things work fine but I can't seem to get the
filters to work.

In the terminal I get;
../../nodebox/graphics/physics.py:14: DeprecationWarning: the sets
module is deprecated
from sets import Set

Maybe that helps?

I want to show a primitive blurred shape but it doesn't blur.

No hurry, thanks, Trumpetto

Trumpetto

Nov 2, 2010, 4:47:39 AM11/2/10
to NodeBox for OpenGL
I adapted an example to make it easier to check;

In examples/03-image/03-filter.py I changed the following line;

image(img, 50, 50, filter=distorted(STRETCH,
dx=canvas.mouse.relative_x,

dy=canvas.mouse.relative_y))

INTO:

image(img, 50, 50, filter=blurred(scale=0.5))

The result is that the image just doesn't show anymore.
Does this work for anyone else?

Thanks, Trumpetto

Trumpetto

Nov 2, 2010, 6:30:35 AM11/2/10
to NodeBox for OpenGL
All works fine on another machine. I'll compare the setups ...

Tom De Smedt

Nov 3, 2010, 7:05:42 PM11/3/10
to NodeBox for OpenGL
Can you specify further?

- Do other filters work?
- Did it work in 1.4?
- What is the OS of the machine where blur fails?
- Can you the check the OpenGL version ("print OPENGL" in your script)

In nodebox/graphics/shader.py, on line 618, can you change:

void main(void) {

to:

void main() {

and see if that solves it?

Trumpetto

Nov 4, 2010, 7:40:16 PM11/4/10
to NodeBox for OpenGL
> - Do other filters work?

Some do, some don't.

> - Did it work in 1.4?

Nope.

> - What is the OS of the machine where blur fails?

OS X 10.6.4

> - Can you the check the OpenGL version ("print OPENGL" in your script)

1.4 APPLE-1.6.18

> In nodebox/graphics/shader.py, on line 618, can you change:
>
> void main(void) {
>
> to:
>
> void main() {
>
> and see if that solves it?

Not done this yet as I found out that things work from the main
directory above 'examples' and 'nodebox' but do not work from within
the example-directories.
Must be a path-problem I guess. So I'll search for that before I steal
more of your time.

Back later (the weekend I guess)