Use Nodebox1's library in NodeboxGL

Zhuyun Jiang

Nov 9, 2012, 3:41:37 PM11/9/12
to nodebox-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new to Nodebox.
I am wondering if Nodebox1's library is available in Nodebox for OpenGL?

Thanks!

Frederik De Bleser

Nov 10, 2012, 4:01:52 AM11/10/12
to nodebox-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I am wondering if Nodebox1's library is available in Nodebox for OpenGL?

It depends. Some NodeBox 1 libraries require features that are only available on Mac OS X, and so are not available in NodeBox for OpenGL (which is cross-platform). A lot of these libraries haven't been updated in a long time and might require some careful prodding to make them work on newer versions of Python and NodeBox.

Here is an overview of all libraries available on http://nodebox.net/code/index.php/Library and which ones should be compatible:

Knowledge
========
(Note that a lot of the functionality of these is now covered by Tom's excellent Pattern library: http://www.clips.ua.ac.be/pages/pattern)
WordNet: OK
Database: OK
Graph: Some parts – the drawing part might not work
Linguistics: OK
Web: OK
Perception: OK

Pixels
=====
PhotoBot: should work if you have the Python Imaging Library installed
Core Image: specific to OS X
iSight: specific to OS X
Quicktime: specific to OS X

Paths
====
Bezier: obsolete – features are built in to NodeBox / NodeBox OpenGL
Cornu: should work
SVG: should work
Supershape: should work
Bezier Editor: probably not

Systems
=======
Boids: OK
Ants: OK
L-system: OK
Noise: OK

Design
=====
Colors: OK, except for some parts that rely on Core Image
Grid: no idea

Type
====
Pixie: no idea
Fatpath: probably not

Tangible
======
WiiNode: requires a OS X application to work
TUIO: should work
OSC: OK

Kind regards,

Frederik