NOGL in Ubuntu 11.04

Ian Witham

Aug 7, 2011, 12:38:25 AM8/7/11
to nodebox-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm encountering a strange problem when I try to use NOGL. Basically if I enter the example scripts into an interactive Python interpreter such as bpython then they work fine. However, if I try to run the examples directly from the saved ".py" file, the process just seems to hang with the CPU cranking at 100%. No view window appears.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before? I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 on an old-ish dual-core laptop.

Ian

Tom De Smedt

Aug 14, 2011, 4:13:24 PM8/14/11
to NodeBox for OpenGL
I don't have an Ubuntu-machine here to test on, so I can't say for
sure.
- Is there a difference between the bpython interpreter and the one
used for running the .py files? More specifically, is one of them a 32-
bit version and the other a 64-bit version?
- You could try playing around with the window configuration in
nodebox/graphics/context.py around lines 3430-50.
- Also, you may want to check if someone has reported anything about
Pyglet running on Ubuntu 11. NOGL gets its view window from Pyglet.

Tom

Ian Witham

Aug 21, 2011, 10:37:58 PM8/21/11
to nodebox-f...@googlegroups.com
No both interpreters use the same 32-bit 2.7.x interpreter.

I had a play with the window configuration file as suggested but without success.

Thanks,

Ian.

Christopher Lee-Messer

Aug 22, 2011, 12:11:52 AM8/22/11
to nodebox-f...@googlegroups.com
You might try downloading pyglet yourself and see if you can run the
examples. I have ubuntu 10.10 and everything runs smoothly with it on
my x86_64 + nvidia drivers. It also works with python 2.7 on the same
machine.

-C

--
Christopher Lee-Messer MD PhD