Injection points.

shykitten55

May 23, 2018, 6:27:12 PM5/23/18
to Node-RED
Again, I don't know what is going on.   Is it me, or is it I am losing it altogether?

The INJECT node is handy for timed events.

Alas I was wanting something that injects something ONCE - at "Start up".
But now even that seems weird.   WHAT is "Start up"?

Is it when I DEPLOY a modified FLOW?

I've got my CHART problem resolved now.    With a bit of trickery, I have achieved what I want with them.

But to keep things nice, I need to "reset" things now and then.   Usually on "start up".

I got a node:  STARTUP-TRIGGER but it doesn't seem to work either.

This is what I have so far:
[{"id":"1ef49612.d410ba","type":"start-up-trigger","z":"c636aa5a.cc34","x":1140,"y":280,"wires":[["990be5e8.249c78"]],"outputLabels":["boo"]},{"id":"990be5e8.249c78","type":"debug","z":"c636aa5a.cc34","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":1400,"y":280,"wires":[]}]

So I am expecting to see "boo" in the debug node every time I UPDATE the flow.

Ain't happening.

I am (obviously) missing something.   But I am not sure WHAT that is.

STARTUP-TRIGGER says:
A simple node that starts a flow when the server starts up

Ok, but not on DEPLOY - right?

What node sends a one time pulse when DEPLOY is pressed?
Just so things are reset to what they are expected to be at the start.

Nick O'Leary

May 23, 2018, 6:32:53 PM5/23/18
to Node-RED Mailing List
I can't speak for the 'startup-trigger' node as it isn't a core node. But the standard Inject node can, as you've seen, inject whenever it gets redeployed. That means it will trigger:

1. whenever node-red starts up
2. whenever you do a 'full deploy'
3. whenever you do a 'modified flows' deploy AND the Inject node is part of a modified flow
4. whenever you do a 'modified nodes' deploy AND the Inject node has been modified directly

So if you are doing 'modified flows' type deploys, and you haven't altered the flow the Inject node is wired to, it will *not* trigger.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org

shykitten55

May 23, 2018, 6:48:02 PM5/23/18
to Node-RED

Nick.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

FULL DEPLOY!

That's what was getting me.

(Guilty)

As my flows are rather big, I was going for the cut down "DEPLOY MODIFIED NODES" only.

Once again I take the prize of being stupid.

Learning all the time.