Why when i open http://localhost:1880/ui, i can't see anything?

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 24, 2017, 2:11:05 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED
what should I do for fix this?.
thanks

Mark Setrem

Jul 24, 2017, 2:13:29 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED

Have you installed the dashboard nodes?

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 24, 2017, 2:25:53 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED
yes, already installed.
i'm using "npm install node-red-dashboard"

Zenofmud

Jul 24, 2017, 3:16:13 PM7/24/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide the flow where you are using the dashboard node?

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Mark Setrem

Jul 24, 2017, 3:59:24 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED
also make sure you have NOT installed any other nodes with "dashboard" in the name

Dave C-J

Jul 24, 2017, 4:31:05 PM7/24/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
And that you have actually added some dashboard nodes to your flow
--
Sent from phone.

Steampunk Prof

Jul 24, 2017, 6:19:26 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED
I get the same problem with Firefox on my mobile but only when accessing the page from outside my home network. Internally it works fine. It works fine on Chrome both internally and externally on my mobile. Firefox on my laptop is fine, it's just the mobile version that seems to have an issue for me.

Julian Knight

Jul 24, 2017, 6:20:27 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED
Urm, "localhost" wouldn't work from outside the device let alone the network ;-)

David Caparrós

Jul 24, 2017, 9:39:54 PM7/24/17
to Node-RED
If you want to be able to reach it from outside tour lan/wan you need to get a domain or subdomain and map the port from your router to the server on your network, google it a bit .

Regards

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 25, 2017, 12:57:47 AM7/25/17
to Node-RED
yes, i've already make sure that

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 25, 2017, 1:01:33 AM7/25/17
to Node-RED
i've to make a simple flow like a "hello word", but it still cannot display anything.

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 25, 2017, 1:10:16 AM7/25/17
to Node-RED
my laptop uses Chrome.
but, thanks for you info.

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 25, 2017, 1:14:37 AM7/25/17
to Node-RED
do you mean, I have to connect the raspy network directly to laptop via LAN?

Sjoerd van Staveren

Jul 25, 2017, 1:33:03 AM7/25/17
to Node-RED
In spite of what the documentation mentions, trying to open the dashboard by typing the link in your browser doesn't work. You can open the dashboard by clicking on the Link icon in the dashboard tab:

It will open something like http://............./ui/#/0

Sjoerd

Julian Knight

Jul 25, 2017, 2:12:56 AM7/25/17
to Node-RED
To clarify this, typing in manually CERTAINLY does work, I use it all the time. the /#/0 part isn't required to make it work, that is added by the Angular router logic to allow the different tabs to be bookmarked.

If http://localhost:1880/ui isn't working, try http://127.0.0.1/ui or even http://127.0.0.2 which may work depending on the OS. And note that you often have to include the http:// part when using "localhost".

All this assumes that you have a default settings.js since you can change the default path in there.

And David, you don't HAVE to have a registered domain name for external use. As long as you know your external IP address, that will work just fine. You do, of course, have to configure your router/firewall to allow incoming access on port 1880. Depending on the host platform, you may also need to configure the local OS firewall to allow incoming traffic too.

You all will, I hope, remember that doing the above leaves your Node-RED service wide open to abuse from the Internet and that even using an id/password to "secure" the admin ui is pretty pointless without TLS encryption since they can be sniffed straight from the wire. In addition, the ui is secured separately of course and you also need to remember to ensure that the websocket is also secured. Please don't assume that no one is interested in your small project, the sniffing and initial investigation parts of hacking are largely automated, even a new public IP address starts being probed after around 20-30 seconds.

Mokhammad Sanpradipto Jaluntoro

Jul 30, 2017, 5:52:33 AM7/30/17
to Node-RED
thanks all...
my node-red its running on my raspberry pi now.
thank you very much

Sjoerd van Staveren

Jul 30, 2017, 6:24:10 AM7/30/17
to Node-RED
Of course you are right Julian.It does work on the client where Node-RED is running. In my case a RaspPi. Because I'm running the RP headless I didn't check that. However when I try to open the dashboard from a remote client (laptop or smartphone) by typing in : 192.168.2.10/UI/ it doesn't work. In my case that really only works by clicking the link icon or typing the whole URL ( 192.168.2.10/UI/#/0). I haven't changed anything in the settings.js but perhaps I'm doing something else wrong.

Sjoerd

Julian Knight

Jul 30, 2017, 9:11:02 AM7/30/17
to Node-RED
Right, I've just tested on my installation and it works with and without a trailing slash. In both cases, it redirects to /ui/#/0 as expected.

What browser are you using?

Sjoerd van Staveren

Jul 31, 2017, 3:44:24 AM7/31/17
to Node-RED
I'm using Google Chrome (v 60.0.3112.78)

Mark Setrem

Jul 31, 2017, 4:11:57 AM7/31/17
to Node-RED
One of you is using UI (doesn't work)

one of you is using ui (does work)

Julian Knight

Jul 31, 2017, 4:00:31 PM7/31/17
to Node-RED
Haha! Good spot, it's usually the little things that catch you out.

You are correct of course.