Windows initial 20 second query delay

Craig Wilson

May 5, 2016, 8:22:26 AM5/5/16
to node-ibm_db
Has anyone else experienced the following behavior. On first ibmdb.query() there is a 20 second delay and and there after response times are fine, this is on my windows system whether I'm querying a local or remote DB. When running the application on a Linux system the initial query is 3 milliseconds whether the DB is local or remote. What could be causing this delay on the windows system

Craig Wilson

May 9, 2016, 3:39:41 PM5/9/16
to node-ibm_db
Here are the timings
Windows:
CONNECT: 102ms
Q1: 20008ms
1
done
Q2: 6ms
1
done
Q3: 4ms
1
done

LINUX:
CONNECT: 49ms
Q1: 3ms
1
done
Q2: 2ms
1
done
Q3: 1ms
1
done

bimaljha

May 20, 2016, 4:14:03 AM5/20/16
to node-ibm_db
Seems your windows system is slower or network is slower. You can check the time to get database connection using DB2 CLP on windows if you have any instance based client or server on windows. Else, modify the ibm_db/installer/testODBCConnection.sh file for windows and check the output and time consumed by 'db2cli validate' command. If you are able to collect db2 traces, we can look on that. Thanks.