Firebird 3.0 reject connection.

Hernando Duque

Aug 10, 2021, 3:56:04 PM8/10/21
to node-firebird
Hi everybody,

Im having trouble connecting to a Devian 10 - Firebird 3.0 database from Node.

I can connect succesfully to a Firebird 2.5 database but not to 3.0.

Accordingly to documentation I have set:

AuthServer = Srp, Legacy_Auth
WireCrypt = Disabled
UserManager = Legacy_UserManager

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

How can I work arround this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Hernando.

Franz Fortuny L

Oct 30, 2021, 3:33:00 PM10/30/21
to node-firebird
This is the response I get from node:

Error: Connection is closed.
    at exports.Connection.Connection._queueEvent (/home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/index.js:3374:22)
    at exports.Connection.Connection.connect (/home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/index.js:3435:10)
    at /home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/index.js:1691:13
> Thrown:
{ Error: Error occurred during login, please check server firebird.log for details
    at doCallback (/home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/index.js:1301:21)
    at /home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/index.js:3052:25
    at /home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/messages.js:151:25
    at search (/home/ubuntu/node_modules/node-firebird/lib/messages.js:117:13) gdscode: 335545106, gdsparams: undefined }

And this is what is reported at firebird.log:

DESKTOP-S5CUTFL Sat Oct 30 14:08:18 2021
        Authentication error
        Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.

DESKTOP-S5CUTFL Sat Oct 30 14:08:40 2021
        Authentication error
        Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.

DESKTOP-S5CUTFL Sat Oct 30 14:10:36 2021
        Authentication error
        Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.

DESKTOP-S5CUTFL Sat Oct 30 14:20:38 2021
        Authentication error
        Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.

And my user name and password are perfectly defined, since thousands of test connections are being successful using the php 7.4 interbase.so library.

Has this problem been solved?

Is anybody paying attention to this? Is this the end of the world for simple programmers like myself?

I have a system up and running. It was made with Friberid 2.5, then 3.0 and it is running with 3.0.3.

I had plans to use nodejs instead of php, at least in lots of modules.

These failures are not allowing me to go that way.

Any light on this issue?

Franz Fortuny L

Nov 6, 2021, 12:07:14 AM11/6/21
to node-firebird
Today I learned that gsec is NOT working as expected.

After I used the IBExpert option of "User Manager" on a very remote database, then node-firebird (latest version) finally started to communicate and authenticate.

Something has to be done concerning the User Manager so the connection can be established.

Whatever it is that needed to be done was done by IBExpert with the "User Manager" option.

Firebird 4.0 requires CLIENTS (php-apache2) reside on x86-amd64 architectures.

Probably the interbase and pdo_firebird libraries were compiled for the x86 architecture and will not work under AArch64 machines.

Sad. I had already bought 36 months for a t4g.small AWS server.

Franz Fortuny L

Nov 7, 2021, 12:59:47 PM11/7/21
to node-firebird
On Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:07:14 PM UTC-6 Franz Fortuny L wrote:
Today I learned that gsec is NOT working as expected.

After I used the IBExpert option of "User Manager" on a very remote database, then node-firebird (latest version) finally started to communicate and authenticate.

Something has to be done concerning the User Manager so the connection can be established.

Whatever it is that needed to be done was done by IBExpert with the "User Manager" option.

Firebird 4.0 requires CLIENTS (php-apache2) reside on x86-amd64 architectures.
I just created a CLIENT ONLY machine for Firebird 4.0 running on a server only machine. The CLIENT is ARM64. I needed to compile interbase.so for php 8.1 (or 8.0).

So the above message is no longer correct.