How to use query on secondary index

Yannis Minadakis

Dec 26, 2014, 9:11:14 PM12/26/14
to node-d...@googlegroups.com
I can use query on the primary index but I have not been able to query the secondary index.  Does anyone out there have an example of querying a secondary index?  I tried specifying indexName in the options but to no avail.

Thanks,

Yanni

Bryan Field-Elliot

Apr 15, 2015, 2:10:24 PM4/15/15
to node-d...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem as you.  Can't seem to use the indexName option, it always returns 0 items.  Did you solve this problem?

Bryan Field-Elliot

May 24, 2015, 9:58:25 AM5/24/15
to node-d...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone else gotten around this issue?  Unable to use secondary indices.... Seems quite important for this library to be usable.

Chris Etcheverry

Jun 26, 2015, 1:55:00 PM6/26/15
to node-d...@googlegroups.com
Here is a temporary fix. You have to upgrade to a newer version of dynamo for this to work. I'm working on a pull request.

This will break the "HashKeyElement" as it was changed to "Key" so be careful! I've included details on how to fix that also.

https://gist.github.com/christopheretcheverry/bff4f26ea365c7487f33

Chris