Cannot Read Header Extension

gran...@uci.edu

Oct 28, 2021, 6:04:05 PM10/28/21
to NODDI
Hi all,

I am a new user of the NODDI toolbox and attempting to use the CreatROI function.

For some reason the toolbox is unable to read in the nifti file. The call and error are below.

I apologize if someone else has had this error but I am able to read in the nifti and binary brain mask file in FSL and DSI Studio so I know they are functional (or at least the header info can be read elsewhere) so I am not sure where I have made an error.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Steve

Call: CreateROI('data.nii','nodif_brain_mask.nii','NODDIroi.mat')

Error:
Cannot read header extension.Error using read_hdr (line 56)
Unrecognised datatype (30231.000000) for "data.nii".

Error in nifti (line 26)
        vol    = read_hdr(fname);

Error in CreateROI (line 29)
dwi = nifti(dwifile);

Error in PVT_NODDITesting (line 14)
CreateROI('data.nii','nodif_brain_mask.nii','NODDIroi.mat')

Gary

Oct 29, 2021, 7:44:15 AM10/29/21
to NODDI
Sorry Steve.  I load NIfTI volumes with a third-party tool - the NIfTI Matlab toolbox (https://github.com/NIFTI-Imaging/nifti_matlab) developed by John Ashburner as part of SPM.  So I am afraid I am not best placed to help you with this.  I suggest that you reach out to the SPM mailing list but make it clear the issue with loading NIfTI volume with the NIfTI Matlab toolbox from SPM.

Gary